Irish Coffee Cocktail is one of my favorite cocktails to make for St. Patrick’s Day. It’s got a sweet Irish cream base, layered with a jolt of coffee and topped off with a green layer of whisky.
St. Patrick’s Day has always been one of my favorite holidays and for good reason. It always signals to my brain that Spring and warmer weather is finally here. On March 17th I can finally say good riddance to winter!
Irish Coffee Cocktail
This is a fun recipe because of how pretty the layers stack together. Then, when you stir them altogether they combine for a delicious drink.
Have you ever used a drink layering tool? It’s a new skill for us but we’ve found it to be pretty simple to use. It allows us to create these really fun layered cocktails like our Boozy Root Beer Float. We love using it!
- Irish Cream Syrup – we used the Torani brand you can find right in the coffee aisle of the grocery store.
- Bailey’s Irish Cream – The original flavor.
- Coffee – just use some of your leftovers from your morning brew.
- Moonshine Clear Whisky – use clear because we’re going to color it green.
- Green Food Coloring – to dye the whisky.
- Whipped Cream – this is optional to add on top.
- Cocktail Layering Tool – this is key for making those nice individual layers in the glass.
How To Make Irish Coffee Cocktail
Layer all of your ingredients into the cup you are serving the cocktail in. Once you put the layering tool in, don’t take it out until all of the layers have been poured.
- First Layer: Syrup
- Second Layer: Irish Cream
- Third Layer: Coffee
- Fourth Layer: Green Whisky
After you serve your beautiful cocktail, give it a good stir before drinking. The layers should be totally combined before you drink it.
More Drinks To Try Next
Irish Coffee Cocktail
- 4 tablespoons Torani Irish cream flavor syrup
- ¼ cup baileys Irish cream
- ½ cup coffee
- ¼ cup moonshine clear whisky or any other brand
- Green food coloring
- whipped cream optional
- Pour the syrup in the bottom of the mug.
- Place the layering tool on the top of your mug (do not remove until all layers have been poured). Let the float lay on the top of the syrup layer.
- Slowly pour the Irish cream in the top of the layering tool cup. Let the cream slowly form a layer above the syrup.
- Next, pour the coffee into the layering tool cup and slowly allow the coffee to pour on top of the cream.
- Wait one minute for the coffee to seep into the cream and slightly settle above it.
- Next, add 1 drop of green food coloring to 1/4 cup of clear whisky and stir.
- Slowly pour the green whisky over the other layers.
- Stir and enjoy.
- Drink layering tool