These Jammy Dodger Cookies are positively jam-packed with flavor! The sweet and tart jammy filling is sandwiched between two shortbread cookies for a delightful treat. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or something to bring to a party, these cookies will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
Delicious Jam Filled Cookies
When you bite into one of these jammy dodger cookies, the first thing that will hit your taste buds is a burst of sweet raspberry flavor followed by a buttery shortbread crunch. They are simply irresistible! And since you are making these cookies at home, you can change the filling to whatever you love.
What is a Jammy Dodger?
Jammy Dodger is a jam-filled shortcake cookie. This dessert cookie can be filled with your favorite jams like strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, and more.
Important Ingredients You Will Need to Make Jammy Dodger Cookies
- Almond Extract- The almond extract brings out a great flavor to the cookies. It is important to add this extract to the cookies. If you do not have almond extract or can not use it because of an allergy, you can use vanilla. It will change the flavor slightly.
- Raspberry Jam- Typically these cookies have raspberry jam but you can use other flavors like cherry or strawberry.
- Powdered Sugar- The powdered sugar topping completes these cookies.
What Kind of Jam is Best for Filling?
The kind of jam used in this recipe is raspberry. The raspberry jam provides the cookies with a sweet and tangy flavoring.
What Else Can I Use Besides Jam?
You can use an array of fillings for the middle of these dodger cookies. You can use other fillings, like a thick custard chocolate ganache, or other jams.
How to Make Jammy Dodger Cookies
Step 1- Wet Ingredients.
Set the oven to 325 degrees and use nonstick baking spray, such as Pam to grease a cookie sheet. Use flour to lightly coat, a cutting board, or flat surface. In a mixing bowl, add in the granulated sugar and butter and combine on low speed with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
Step 2- Dry Ingredients.
Gradually add in the flour and salt and continuously combine on low until fully incorporated.
Step 3- Forming the Dough.
Take the cookie dough away from the floured surface and separate it into two equal portions. Roll one portion into 1/8 inch thickness on the floured surface. Use a 3-inch or 4-inch round cookie cutter to cut circles into the dough. Continue this process with the rest of the cookie dough (Do not place the extra dough on the cookie sheet). Place the other circles of dough onto a floured cutting board and cut out snowflakes in the middle of the top cookie dough using a mini snowflake cookie cutter. Put the snowflakes and dough circles onto the cookie sheet in the center.
Step 4- Baking.
Place the cookies into the oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 325 degrees. Take the cookies out of the oven when they’re done in transfer them to a cooling rack to be pulled apart when cooled.
Step 1- Filling the Cookies.
Add a layer of the raspberry jam onto the bottom cookie (about a tablespoon)
Step 2- Garnish.
Place the cut-out cookie with the flat side facing down on top of the jam. Top with powdered sugar.
More Cookie Recipe:
- Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Apricot Walnut Thumbprint Cookies
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Jammy Dodger Cookies
- 1 C unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 C Raspberry Jam
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick baking spray.
- Lightly flour a cutting board or countertop.
- Add granulated sugar and butter to a mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, on low speed, cream the sugar and butter together.
- Slowly add flour and salt.
- Continue mixing at low speed to incorporate these ingredients together.
- Remove the cookie dough onto the flour-covered area.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Roll one-half of the dough on the floured area to 1⁄8 inch thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter to make either 3 inches or 4-inch circles.
- Place the dough circles on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat the above process with the remaining cookie dough. (Do not place the extra dough on the cookie sheet.)
- Set the other dough circles on the flour-covered cutting board.
- Using a mini snowflake cookie cutter, make a snowflake in the center of the top cookie dough.
- Place the dough circles with the snowflake in the center on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- When baked, remove from the oven.
- Move the baked cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- When cooled, separate the bottom and top of the baked cookies.
- Put one-half tablespoon of raspberry jam on the bottom cookie.
- Position the flat side of the cutout cookie on top of the jam-covered bottom cookie.
- Garnish: Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of each cookie.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.