If you want a delicious Mediterranean snack that keeps you satisfied, you will love this Layered Hummus Dip. It is a Greek-style appetizer that is made with hummus, tzatziki, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese.
Layered Hummus Dip
I love making this recipe for gatherings because it is simple to make and doesn’t require too many ingredients or steps to make it. You can have this whipped up in just minutes and serve it with your favorite dippers. It is sweet, tangy, and savory, and it’s one of my favorite things to make when I’m craving something fresh and delicious.
If you love this and other Mediterranean recipes like I do, you will want to also try our popular Baklava Recipe.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Hummus: You can use your favorite kind for this recipe.
Tzatziki: I like to make homemade tzatziki because I find that it has a fresher flavor.
Vegetables: I like to add in diced cucumbers, tomatoes, and Greek olives.
Cheese: I use feta cheese crumbles, sometimes using flavored feta instead of plain.
How To Make Hummus Dip
Step 1. Spread the hummus in an even layer on a large plate or tray. Add an even layer of tzatziki on top. Place cucumber, tomatoes, and olives on top with some feta crumble sprinkled on top.
Step 2. Add a bit of olive oil around the edge of the dip if desired. Serve and enjoy this dip with pita bread or chips.
What To Serve With This Greek Dip?
You can serve this recipe with a ton of different things! Here are just a few different things I enjoy with this recipe:
- Pita chips or bread
- Wheat Thins
- Vegetables like carrots, celery, cucumber, broccoli, etc.
Tips & Tricks
- I use my favorite hummus, roasted garlic, but you can use any kind that you desire.
- You can make your own tzatziki dip or use plain Greek yogurt.
- Marinated olives taste great with this recipe, but any kind work.
- You can use tomato or herb feta instead of plain feta.
- Use toasted or steam pita.
- Make this recipe ahead of time. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for the best storage method.
More Dip Recipes:
- 16 oz. hummus
- 1/2 cup tzatziki
- ½ cup cucumbers diced
- ¼ cup tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup Greek olives chopped
- 3 Tbsp feta cheese crumbles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil optional
- Pita bread or pita chips
- On a large plate or tray, spread hummus into an even layer. Top with tzatziki and spread evenly. Add cucumber, tomatoes, and olives, then sprinkle with feta cheese crumbles.
- Drizzle olive oil around the edge (optional). Serve with pita bread or chips.