Rotel Dip with Ground Beef
Rotel Dip with Ground Beef is an all-time favorite snack that is incredibly quick and easy to make with only 4 ingredients. Ground beef with taco seasoning, Velveeta cheese, and Ro*tel canned tomatoes and green chilies–it all comes together to create a flavor-packed dip perfect with tortilla chips.
Rotel Dip with Ground Beef
Whenever we’re wanting a snack for movie night or a party or just for an afternoon of homework, everyone always asks for this Rotel Dip with Ground Beef! It’s a really hearty and filling snack and so simple to make.
Looking for more Mexican food inspired recipes! Don’t miss these: Mexican Cornbread | Cheesy Taco Spaghetti | Instant Pot Mexican Corn Dip with Jalapeños | Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme | Cheesy Taco Sticks
Here’s what you’ll need to make Rotel Dip with Ground Beef (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Ground beef – It’s best to use a lean ground beef if possible.
- Taco seasoning – Any dry taco seasoning you like will work perfectly.
- Velveeta cheese – The recipe uses 16 ounces, which is exactly the size of the small package of Velveeta. If you have a larger package, just use 16 ounces and reserve the rest of the cheese for another use.
- Ro*Tel – We used the original Rotel, but you can use another variety if you like.
How to Make Rotel Dip
Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet and cook over medium heat until fully browned. Drain off the grease. Add the taco seasoning and ¼ cup of water to the ground beef and stir to combine.
Next, add the cubed Velveeta and stir often until fully melted and combined with the ground beef.
Add the Ro*Tel (do not drain) to the skillet and stir well.
Serve immediately or transfer to a slow cooker set to warm.
What to Serve with the Rotel
- Tortilla chips
- Fritos – the Scoops variety are perfect!
- Blue corn tortilla chips
- Fresh veggies
Rotel Dip with Ground Beef also makes an amazing taco or burrito filling.
How to Store the Leftovers
Keep the leftover Ro*Tel dip in an airtight food storage container. Refrigerate it for up to three days. We have found that the dip does not freeze well.
To reheat, scoop the dip into a sauce pan and heat over medium heat until hot or microwave individual portions on high for 30 seconds at a time until hot.
More Recipes You Will Love
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 16 ounces Velveeta cubed
- 10.5 ounce can Ro*Tel
- Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet and cook over medium heat until fully browned. Drain off the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning and ¼ cup of water to the ground beef and stir to combine.
- Add the cubed Velveeta and stir often until fully melted and combined with the ground beef.
- Add the Ro*Tel (do not drain) to the skillet and stir well.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a slow cooker set to warm.