Lemon Burst Poke Cake
This Lemon Poke Cake is incredible with wonderful texture and flavor. An amazing cake that is baked to perfection with a delicious lemon filling in the holes with a tasty frosting on top. This is truly a cake you have to try.
Lemon Poke Cake
This Lemon Poke Cake is so good! All you do is make the boxed cake mix by following the directions on the box. Once the cake is done, you poke holes into the cake and fill up each of the holes with a delicious filling. You can make a tasty frosting and add it on top, then you are done. You can try other poke cakes like Crazy Candy Bar Poke Cake or Cuppa Joe Chocolate Coffee Caramel Poke Cake. After trying a poke cake, you won’t want to have any other kind, so be sure to keep this recipe handy!
- Vanilla Cake Mix – You will need the ingredients on the box as well
- Lemon Zest– Be sure to zest your lemon before juicing them.
- Instant Lemon Pudding- You will need to use instant pudding in the flavor lemon.
- Milk- Use whole milk in this recipe.
- Cream Cheese- Use softened or room-temperature cream cheese.
- Lemon Juice- Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavoring.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar is best for homemade icing.
- Heavy Cream- This will help with the consistency of the frosting.
How to Make Lemon Poke Cake
Make the store-bought cake mix by following the directions.
Put 2 tablespoons of lemon zest into the prepared batter and combine.
Follow the baking instructions and bake in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Take out the baked cake and begin poking holes into the cake ( Make holes 5 in a row by 8 rows). Then, place it aside.
Add the pudding and milk into a medium-sized bowl and combine until thick.
Pour the pudding into the holes to fill in.
Let the cake cool thoroughly.
While the cake is cooling, make the frosting.
Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon juice into a mixing bowl and beat medium speed to combine.
Evenly frost the finished cake when it is cooled.
Place some lemon sliced on top with a bit of lemon zest to garnish.
Serve and enjoy!
What Is a Poke Cake?
A poke cake is one of the best cakes that you can make. The pudding in the center of the cake adds such a creamy and soft texture. The reason it is called a poke cake is that you poke holes into the finished cake to add in a filling.
Do I Refrigerate This Lemon Cake Recipe?
This Lemon cake will have to be placed in the fridge. The reason for this is because of the cream cheese. If cream cheese is left out it will spoil. So, be sure to place this in a sealed container and put it into the fridge.
Other Cake Recipes:
- Thin Mint Chocolate Poke Cake
- Chocolate Baileys Poke Cake
- Andes Mint Poke Cake
- Easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe (3-ingredients)
Lemon Poke Cake
- 1 box Vanilla Cake mix ingredients needed as directed on the box
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon zest
- 1 3.4 oz Instant Lemon pudding
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 1 8oz Cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon juice fresh
- 1 cups Powdered sugar
- 2 cups of Heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon zest
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box.
- Add the 2 tbsp. of lemon zest to the cake mix batter.
- Bake the cake mix batter as directed on the box in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Remove the cake from the oven, poke holes in the cake 5 in a row by 8 rows, and set it to the side.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the pudding mix, milk, and mix until thick.
- Gently pour the pudding mix onto the cake, making sure it is evenly spread.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting while the cake cools.
- In the bowl of a mixer add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Mix on medium until well combined.
- Begin to frost the cake, if it is completely cooled.
- Make sure to spread the frosting over the cake evenly.
- Garnish as the cake with sliced lemons and lemon zest if desired.