Chocolate Baileys Poke Cake
Bring together your friends and family for a St. Patrick’s celebration with this Baileys Poke Cake. This chocolate cake has a delicious surprise soaked into the cake that takes this cake over the top. With St. Patrick’s Day flavors, this cake is perfect for any party.
Need a Kid friendly St Patty’s Day dessert. Make these Easy St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes.
Chocolate Baileys Poke Cake
Bailey’s Irish Cream goes hand in hand with St. Patrick’s Day and it makes this cake absolutely amazing. The Bailey’s Irish Cream soaks into the chocolate cake and gives the most fantastic flavor. Once you make this easy poke cake, you are going to make year after year.
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Chocolate cake mix
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Heavy cream
- Dark cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Chocolate Baileys Poke Cake
Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare the baking dish with baking spray.
Prepare the chocolate cake mix according to the package directions.
Once the batter is made, pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
Once the cake has baked let it cool to room temperature.
Poke holes all over the cake.
Then make the filling.
In a medium bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, cocoa powder, and Baileys and mix well using a whisk.
Pour the Baileys filling over poke holes and spread evenly.
Refrigerate the cake for 1 to 2 hours.
In a large bowl and a mixer, add butter, powdered sugar, Baileys, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt.
Mix until smooth and fluffy and then spread frosting over cake.
Is this Irish Cream Poke Cake Safe for Kids?
This Irish Cream Poke cake is not recommended for kids. While the alcohol in the cake will bake out as the cake bakes, the Bailey’s in the frosting does not get cooked out.
Do I Need to Refrigerate This Chocolate Poke Cake Recipe?
Because of the sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream is used in the filling, you will want to make sure that this cake is stored in the refrigerator. Also, make sure the cake is covered well to protect it from the air.
Other Baileys Desserts You Will Love:
Baileys Poke Cake Recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- eggs per box instructions
- oil per box instructions
- water per box instructions
- 1 14- oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Baileys
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 5 cups. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Baileys
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature
- Poke holes all over the cake.
- In a medium bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, cocoa
- powder, and Baileys.
- Mix to combine with a whisk.
- Pour Baileys filling over poke holes and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- In a large bowl of a standing mixer, add butter, powdered sugar,
- Baileys, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt.
- Mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread frosting over cake.