These delicious Mint Oreo Cookie Bars are easy to make and packed with mint flavor. With chocolate chips, Mint M&Ms, as well as Mint Oreos, these cookie bars are a special treat. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, this is a delicious mint dessert.
Looking for another mint dessert? Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Mousse is an amazing dessert.
Mint Oreo Cookie Bars
These mint Oreo cookie bars are a great addition to your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations or just because you love the taste of mint. Make these cookie bars for bake sales, parties or just because you love them. Be sure to keep the cookie bars covered well to keep them tasting great and avoid them from getting stale.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Unsalted sweet cream butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips
- Mint M&M’s
- Mint Oreo cookies
How to Make Mint Oreo Cookie Bars
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Using a mixer, beat together the sugar, brown sugar and melted butter until it is well combined.
One at a time, add the eggs and the egg yolk, being sure to mix well between each addition.
Then, add the vanilla.
In another bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and make sure it is completely combined.
Mix in 1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, 1 1/2 cup of M&Ms and a half cup of Oreos, chopped.
Spread the batter in the baking dish and then top with the remaining Oreos, chocolate chips and M&Ms
Bake for 40 minutes. The cookies edge will begin to turn golden brown
Allow the cookies to cool before cutting them into bars.
Are These Mint Chocolate Brownies or Cookies?
While the batter is spread out like mint chocolate brownies, they are cookies. This is baked together, without scooping into cookies dough balls, and then it is cut into cookie bars after it has cooled.
Can This Recipe for Cookie Bars be Frozen?
If you want to be able to have cookie bars whenever the craving strikes or you think you will not be able to eat all of the bars before they go bad, you can freeze the cookie bars. Wrap each cookie bar in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag. The cookies will stay good for 3 months.
Mint Oreo Cookie Bars
- 2 C unsalted sweet cream butter melted
- 2 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolk
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 C flour
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 C chocolate chips
- 2 C Mint M&M’s
- 24 Mint Oreo cookies chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the melted butter, sugar and brown sugar until combined
- Mix in the eggs and egg yolk one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- Mix in the vanilla
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into the wet until completely combined.
- Mix in 1 ½ C chocolate chips, 1 ½ C M&M’s and half of the chopped Oreos.
- Spread the batter into the baking dish and top with remaining chocolate chips, m&m’s and chopped Oreos
- Bake 40 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden brown
- Allow to cool before cutting and enjoying