No Bake Cornflake Cookies are one of the easiest and most delicious cookies you will ever make! The recipe is so simple, and takes little time to prepare. These cookies are perfect for a quick snack or a dessert that everyone will love.
Easy Cornflake Cookies
This is the perfect recipe to whip up on a chilly winter day. These no bake peanut butter cornflake cookies are so soft, chewy, and sweet that you’ll want to make them all year round! You can make these cookies as part of your Christmas cookie collection and pair it with Chocolate Christmas Cookies and Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies for the ultimate Christmas cookie tray.
What are No Bake Cornflake Cookies
No bake cornflake cookies are a type of cookie that doesn’t require any baking. The recipe simply calls for combining cornflakes, peanut butter, and corn syrup, with a few other ingredients, in a bowl and then forming the mixture into balls or cookies. It all comes together to create a cookie treat that you are going to love.
What You Need to Make Cornflake Cookies
- light corn syrup
- creamy peanut butter
- Corn Flakes
What can I use in place of corn syrup?
If you cannot find corn syrup, there are substitutes that can be used. Any other type of syrup will work to replace the corn syrup. For example, agave nectar or honey are both interchangeable with the corn syrup. Maple syrup is another option. Anything you use will change the flavor slightly but since they are pair nicely together it will not be. abad choice.
How to Make No Bake Cornflake Cookies
Step 1- Make the Peanut Butter Mixture
Combine the liquid mixture together in a sauce pan and melt it all together until the sugar dissolves, but do not let it boil.
Remove from the heat and then stir in the peanut butter.
Step 2- Combine
Combine the peanut butter mixture with the corn flakes, being careful not to crush the cereal.
Step 3- Make the Cookies
Scoop the cookie using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookies and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Let the cookies cool.
How to Store Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
Store the cookies in an airtight container to keep them fresh for up to a week. Alternately, you can freeze them and thaw them out as needed.
I like to make these cookies and freeze half of it so I can pull out a batch anytime I need to make a quick treat.
Tips for Make These No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- If the cookie dough is too sticky, add a little more cornflakes to it.
- If the cookies are not holding together well, put them in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- Be sure to use a good quality creamy peanut butter in this recipe for the best results.
- The cookies can also be made into bars instead of cookies. Just press the mixture into an 8×8 inch baking dish and then cut into squares after they have cooled.
- For a chocolate version of this recipe, melt some chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate) and drizzle over top of the cooled cookies.
- Adding a 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the recipe helps bring out the flavors of the peanut butter and cornflakes.
- You can also add in some chopped nuts, such as peanuts or almonds, to the recipe for extra crunch.
- If you want a bit more sweetness to your cookies, consider adding in a few tablespoons of powdered sugar to the mixture at the end.
- For softer cookies, add in a tablespoon or two of milk when mixing the peanut butter and cornflake mixture.
- Try adding some sprinkles on top of these cookies for extra festive flair!
More No Bake Cookies
No Bake Cornflake Cookies
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Corn Flakes
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a small sauce pan and melt together over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves (do not boil mixture).
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cornflakes and mix until combined (be careful not to crunch up the corn flakes too much).
- Line a cookie sheet or counter with parchment paper and use a 1.5 – 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to create cookie balls.
- Place cookie balls on prepared parchment paper and let cool completely.