No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
This new No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake will be the perfect recipe for you. With an amazing flavor, this No Bake Cheesecake is a great idea for a light spring or summer dessert.
No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
This No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake is so delicious! This recipe is incredible as it is made with real Key Lime Juice and many other great ingredients. This cheesecake had a creamy texture with a cool tangy flavor. It has a nice and crumbly graham cracker crust and a beautiful color when it is done. If you are using this cheesecake for St. Patrick’s Day, you can combine it with St. Patrick’s Day Personal Biscuit Pizza and St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Pancakes for Breakfast
- Graham Crackers- This will be used for your base crust for the cheesecake.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar as an ingredient for the recipe.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cream Cheese- Use softened or room temperature cream cheese.
- Key Lime Juice– You will want to get Nellie and Joe’s brand for this recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- Get the Eagle Brand for the best results and consistency for your cheesecake.
- Powdered Sugar– This sugar is best for homemade frostings and icing.
- Instant Pudding– You will need this in the cheesecake flavor.
- Milk- You can use your choice of whole or 2% milk.
- Food Coloring Gel- You will need a Lime Colored and Green colored gel and make sure to get the gel instead of the liquid.
- Key Limes- Using fresh Key Limes will enhance the main flavoring.
- Frosting- You can buy prepared frosting from the store or make your own homemade.
- Sprinkles- You can get any choice of sprinkles in the color lime.
How to Make Key Lime Cheesecake
Prepare a 7-inch springform pan by lining it with parchment paper.
Add the graham crackers and sugar into a food processor and pulse until you have coarse crumbs.
Put the crumbs into a small bowl with your melted butter and combine until the crumbs are completely coated.
Add the crust to the base of the springform pan and evenly press the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan using your fingers or a spatula. Put the crust into the freezer.
Begin to prepare your limes by slicing 2 or 3 of them into thin pieces and place them on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture and juice.
Take the crust out of the freezer and place a bowl smaller than the size of the pan inside the 7-inch springform.
Coat the limes in sugar and begin to place them all around between the bowl and springform pan.
Put the pan back into the freezer.
Add the cream cheese, key lime juice, condensed milk, and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl of a standing mixer and beat on low until combined.
Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl, then add in your instant pudding, milk, and then beat again until fully incorporated, light, and fluffy.
Add 1/3 of the prepared batter into another bowl and put it into the fridge.
For the batter in the mixing bowl, you will add several drops of the Lime food gel and some drops of the green food gel. Add as many or as few drops of food coloring to your desired color.
Take the pan out of the freezer and take out the smaller bowl in the center of the cheesecake. Make sure all of the limes you aligned against the side of the springform are pressed against the pan.
You will then add half of the green batter into the pan, then place it back into the freezer for at least 4 hours. Put the rest of the green batter into the fridge until your ready to take out the pan from the freezer.
Remove the pan from the freezer, then add the white batter on top of the green layer. Put the pan back into the freezer for another 3 hours.
Take the pan out again and then, add the rest of the green batter on top of the white layer. Put the cheesecake into the freezer and chill for an additional couple of hours or overnight for the best results.
Time to Decorate your Key Lime Cheesecake
Take out the cheesecake from the freezer before serving and remove the outer shell of the springform pan.
Add the premade frosting or homemade frosting into a pastry bag with a large star tip. Begin to pipe the frosting around the edge of the cheesecake in a swirly ribbon. ( You can also choose to just pipe dollops of the frosting on top of the cheesecake).
Add some green sprinkles on top of the cheesecake.
Slice the rest of the limes into thin pieces, then cut in half to place on top of the frosting.
You can dip the rest of the lime into sugar and garnish.
Serve and Enjoy!
What is the Difference Between Regular Limes and Key Limes?
There isn’t a huge difference between regular limes and Key Limes. However, the difference between the two is that Key Lime is significantly smaller than that of a regular lime. Also, the scent of a Key Lime is a little more piney than a regular lime as well.
How Do You Stiffen a No-Bake Cheesecake?
There are a couple of simple ways to help stiffen your No-Bake Cheesecake. You need to make sure to follow the directions all the way through and make sure to use the right ingredients. The freezing time for this recipe is important. You want to make sure to keep the cheesecake in for the right amount of time. You want to make sure not to add heavy cream or sour cream because this will add moisture. Also, avoid giving the cheesecake a water bath because this will cause the center of the cheesecake to become soft and the outer shell to be firm only.
More Lime Flavored Desserts
- Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
- Key Lime Pie Fudge
- Strawberry Lime Cake
- Easy Key Lime Cheesecake Dip
- Key Lime Bundt Cake
No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
- COOKS TOOLS NEEDED:
- Stand Mixer
- Spring-form pan - 7 inch
- Pastry bag
- Large star tip - to pipe frosting
- Parchment paper
- Lime colored Sprinkle Mix
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- 3/4 of a stick of butter - melted
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 3 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup of Nellie and Joe's Key Lime Juice
- 1 can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 small package of Cheesecake flavor Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cup of Milk
- Lime colored - food coloring gel
- Green food coloring gel
- 5 - 6 Key Limes - if available - or - 5 or 6 regular limes
- 1 cup of sugar - placed in a shallow dish
- 1 can of prepared frosting - to pipe
- Lime colored sprinkle mix - sprinkles of choice
- First, line a 7-inch Spring-form pan with parchment paper, and set it aside. In the blender or food processor, place the graham crackers, and sugar, and blend until coarse crumbs form. Pour crumbs into a bowl, and pour melted butter on crumbs. Stir well to coat crumbs in the butter. Pour crumbs into a Spring-form pan, and press evenly to form the crust. Place pan in the freezer.
- Slice 2 or 3 of the limes in thin slices, and lay slices on paper towels for a few minutes, to drain excess juice. Remove crust from the freezer, and place a bowl, smaller than the Spring-form pan, in the middle of the Spring-form pan. Dip Lime slices in sugar, on both sides, and place slices along the outside of the Spring-form pan, between the pan and the dish - see photo. Place the Spring-form pan back in the freezer.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened cream cheese, Key Lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar, and mix on low until all ingredients are blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the Cheesecake flavor Instant Pudding, milk, and mix again until completely blended, thick and fluffy. Place 1/3 of the cheesecake batter in a separate bowl, and place the bowl in the refrigerator. In the mixing bowl, add several drops of Lime food coloring gel, and a couple of drops of green food coloring gel. Continue to add a drop or two at a time, until you reach the color desired. Remove the Spring-form pan from the freezer, and remove the bowl in the center. Make sure the limes are pressed against the outside of the pan. Pour half of the lime green colored cheesecake batter into the pan. Place the pan back in the freezer, for at least four hours. Place the remaining lime-colored cheesecake batter in the mixing bowl, in the refrigerator. After four hours, remove the Spring-form pan from the freezer, and pour the white cheesecake batter in the Spring-form pan, on top of the lime-colored layer. Place the pan back in the freezer for 3 hours. Remove the pan from the freezer, and pour the remaining lime-colored batter on top of the white batter layer, forming the top layer of the cheesecake. Place the pan back in the freezer, and leave it overnight for best results.
- Before serving the cheesecake remove the pan from the freezer, and remove the outside of the Spring-form pan. Place the frosting in a pastry bag with a large star tip, and pipe the frosting on the top of the cheesecake in a swirly ribbon around the edge of the cheesecake. (You can also pipe large dollops of frosting around the edge if you prefer). Sprinkle with a Lime green sprinkle mix. Cut the remaining limes in slices, and cut the slices in half. Place the half slices around the top of the cheesecake, in the frosting (see photo). Dip the remaining lime pieces in sugar, and serve on the side as a garnish. Serve, and Enjoy!