Key Lime Fudge is like having tiny bites of pie right at your finger tips. With a graham cracker crust and white chocolate key lime pie on top you won’t be able to stop eating it.
I love all things key lime. It reminds me of my summers at my Great Aunts house in Key Islamorada, Florida. There was Key Lime Pie everywhere you went!! Key Lime Cheesecake Dip and Key Lime Bars are two of my favorites.
Key Lime Pie Fudge
To start this yummy recipe you’ll make the crust layer. It’s super simple and just three ingredients: butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Normally, we urge you not to melt your butter but for this crust, you’ll need to.
Bake the crust for just about 10 minutes before pulling it out of the oven to cool.
While that cools down you can prepare your key lime mixture. Just slowly melt condensed milk, chocolate chips and white chocolate the in a saucepan over medium heat until it’s all combined.
After it’s mixed, stir in vanilla, lime zest and lime juice. Add on top of the crust and let it sit overnight.
Tips for Making Fudge
Always use parchment paper to line your pan. It will make removing the fudge from the pan so much easier. Just pull it out and lay it on a cutting board.
(My favorite fudge hack is using a pizza cutter instead of a knife to make even lines.)
Also, make sure to pour your mixture into the pan immediately when it’s all mixed together. Even if you remove it from the heat, as long as it is still in the hot saucepan it’s continuing to cook. You don’t want to overcook chocolate – it’s such a mess.
How To Store Your Fudge
You can keep this at room temperature in an air tight container for up to two weeks. Something like a tupperware dish or plastic bag will work. If you want to keep it longer than a couple weeks, go ahead and keep it in the fridge for up to a month.
You’ll know when your fudge is starting to go bad when it begins to crack.
Here is the printable recipe – enjoy!
Key Lime Pie Fudge
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with pam spray
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs until combined
- Press the crust mixture into the baking dish
- Place into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before making the fudge
- Using a large sauce pan over medium heat, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and chopped white chocolate bar. Mix until melted and smooth
- Stir in the lime zest, key lime juice, and vanilla until combined
- Pour over the crust
- Zest a lime over the top of the fudge to garnish
- Allow to harden overnight
- Cut into 2 inch squares and enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.