White Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles
Gingerbread Truffles are a absolutely delicious and simple no bake recipe for Christmas! The combination of ginger snaps and white chocolate bring a decadent but simple treat you will love for the holiday season.
These gingerbread truffles are perfect for a holiday get together. Try making this Gingerbread Fudge for another great holiday party dessert.
When it comes to truffles, you can not go wrong. When you are making holiday truffles, these gingerbread truffles are a great option. With a rich gingerbread flavor in a delicious white chocolate candy, you have to try these gingerbread truffles.
Are these No Bake Gingerbread Balls Dipped in White Chocolate?
When you are making these no bake gingerbread truffles after you form the truffle ball and let it set, you will dip the truffle into melted white chocolate. This forms the outside of the truffle. After you have dipped the no bake gingerbread truffles, you will add cookie crumbs on the outside of the truffle.
What is the Best Way to Dip Gingerbread Truffles?
After you have melted the chocolate, you will dip each one into the chocolate. I recommend using a spoon or a form to dip the truffles into the chocolate. Either one will work, it is a matter of preference. You will want to dip the truffles one at a time in order to get the best results.
Can You Freeze These Easy Gingerbread Truffles?
If you have leftovers the truffles or want to make sure you have gingerbread truffles on hand for whenever you want them you can freeze the truffles. I prefer to freeze the truffles on a plate before I add them to an airtight container or a freezer bag. This keeps the truffles from sticking together. Then you can remove however many you want without having to remove the whole batch.
Ingredients you will need:
- Gingersnap cookies
- Cream cheese
- Ghiradelli White Melting Chocolate
How to Make Gingerbread Truffles
- Food Processor
- Cookie scoop (small size)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 4 C gingersnap cookies crunchy
- 3/4 C cream cheese softened
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 10 oz Ghiradelli White Melting Chocolate
- Extra crunchy gingersnap cookies
- Line cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper,
- Add gingersnap cookies in the food processor. Using the food processor continue to chop the cookies until they are finely crushed.
- Add in the cream cheese and vanilla. Continue to process until the mixture blends together.
- Using the cookie scoop make tablespoon size balls, (You will want to roll the dough into balls)
- Put each dough ball on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheets in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes (Or until firm)
- When the truffles are chilled move them to a plate.
- Add the white chocolate wafers to the saucepan.
- Begin to melt the wafers in the saucepan over low heat.
- Continue to stir so the chocolate doesn't burn.
- Dip the gingerbread balls (one at a time) into the melted chocolate. (You can use either a fork or spoon for the dipping). Continue to dip the gingerbread ball into the melted chocolate until it is completely coated.
- Place the chocolate coated truffles on a lined cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle the truffles with the extra cookie crumbs before the melted chocolate hardens.
- Put the truffles on the cookie sheets back in the refrigerator for the chocolate to continue to set.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.