Why whip up a batch of Patriotic M&M Fire Works Cookies on the 4th of July? Because they are a red, white, blue and delish!
The 4th of July absolutely begs Americans to fire up the grill, break out the hotdogs and make as much red, white and blue food as possible. Keep reading and I’ll not only share this cookie recipe with you, but oodles more red, white and blue goodies to celebrate the holiday.
Patriotic M&M Fire Works Cookies
I’m not sure who the genius was that first decided to start making M&Ms in so many different colors, but they deserve an award. There are so many fun things to make with the iconic chocolate candies and having all those colors gives bakers the opportunity to customize the look for different occasions.
For these cookies, we’ll obviously use red, white and blue candies. I encourage you to try all sorts of colors through the year using this same cookie recipe. You could change the candy and sprinkle colors and make them for themed birthday parties, gender reveal party, Superbowl party, and lots and lots more.
Why chill cookie dough before baking?
When cookie dough has been chilled for at least a half hour, it will not only spread less when baked but the color will be a nicer brown than it would be otherwise.
In short, it’s worth this extra step when baking Patriotic M&M Fire Works Cookies.
As promised, more red, white and blue recipes for the 4th of July.
4th of July Poke Cake – Poke cakes are so easy and the pop of colors you get when the cake is cut has a little “wowee factor.”
Patriotic Donuts – These are homemade (yum) with a light vanilla glaze. Whip up a bunch to welcome your 4th of July guests.
Patriotic Bundt Cake – The colors in this cake are so bright. That’s thanks to the gel food coloring.
Red, White and Blue S’mores Chex Mix – This is the easiest treat you can make this holiday. It looks so awesome when you put everything together.
Patriotic Pops – Every kid at your 4th of July celebration will think you’re awesome when you serve these. And every parent will, too when they realize how easy it was to make them. The secret is 3 marshmallows, 1 red fruit roll up, 1 blue fruit roll up, white sprinkles, and 1 yellow Starburst!
Fireworks Bomb Pop Cupcakes – Don’t pay a bakery for your red, white and blue cupcakes. A white cake mix and some creativity are all it takes to make these dazzling confections.
Patriotic M&M Fire Works Cookie
- 2 cups + 2 TBSP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg room temp
- 1 large egg yolk room temp
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup red white and blue M&Ms
- 1/4 cup red white and blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add flour, baking soda, and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Using your electric mixer add butter and both sugars.
- Cream together until smooth and without lumps.
- While mixer is on, slowly add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, stirring until completely mixed.
- Stir in the M&Ms and sprinkle. Stir just to combine.
- Transfer cookie dough to the refrigerator. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Measure cookie dough with a tablespoon placing the dough on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Check that the cookie edges are slightly brown.
- The cookie centers will be soft and puffy.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 24 cookies.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.