Snickers Apple Salad is an incredibly easy dessert that is sweet, crunchy and chewy and a hit with everyone. This variation is made with cream cheese and whipped cream. This is my go-to easy dessert recipe for every BBQ or potluck I attend!
I love sweet and fruity “salads”. Mixing whipped cream with fruit is so yummy! If you like this apple snicker salad recipe, you will also really enjoy our Twix Caramel Apple Salad.
Snickers Apple Salad Recipe
I can literally remember the first time someone mentioned the notion of a Snickers salad to me. My best friend was bringing a treat to a family dinner and when she explained what it was I thought she was crazy.
She was definitely anything but crazy. Combining the delicious flavor of a Snickers bar with tart apples, whipped cream and cream cheese is nothing short of genius. This Snickers Salad recipe is a fruit salad with cream cheese, whipped topping, and of course – Snickers bars.
How Do I Make Snicker Salad?
- Beat the whipping cream until thickened to the consistency of whipped cream and add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the electric mixer until smooth.
- Combine the cream cheese and whipped cream.
- Mix in the chopped granny smith apples.
- Fold in the bite-size pieces of Snickers candy bars and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Refrigerate until serving.
With very little prep time, it really doesn’t get any easier than this sweet side dish!
Best Apples To Use:
The best apples to use for this recipe really depends on your taste. If you are looking for a sweet apple flavor, then Golden or Red Delicious, Gala, Fuji, or Honeycrisp work well. If you are looking for a tart taste, then Granny Smith, McIntosh or Pink Lady are what you want. I prefer a tart apple to balance the sweetness of the Snickers and whipped cream.
- The first thing to know here is that this is something best served immediately after making. It’s a great recipe, but not one that does extremely well if you make a day ahead. If you do make it the day before, you may want to use some lemon or lime juice to keep the apples from browning.
- Any leftover Snicker Apple Salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad Additional Toppings
You can leave this as is (it’s so good!) or add some fun toppings like:
More Dessert Salad Recipes:
- Cherry Fluff Salad
- Watergate Salad
- Ambrosia Salad
- Caramel Apple Salad
- Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
Snickers Apple Salad
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until thickened to the consistency of whipped cream. Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with the electric mixer until smooth. Add half of the whipped cream and beat with the mixer until well combined. Fold in the remaining whipped cream and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the apples into quarters and remove the core and seeds. Chop the apples into bite sized chunks and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Unwrap the Snickers bars and chop into small chunks. Add the Snickers pieces to the large mixing bowl with the apples.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the apples and Snickers in the large mixing bowl. Stir together until the apples and Snickers are coated well in the creamy mixture.
- Pour the “salad” into a serving bowl and top with items to garnish, such as chopped peanuts, another chopped Snickers bar, or caramel sauce.
- Serve immediately.