Pumpkin Donut Holes (Baked)
Pumpkin Donut Holes are made with real pumpkin puree and coated in delicious cinnamon, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. We make this delicious donut recipe during the Fall months and my family absolutely loves them!
Pumpkin Donut Holes
If you’re tired of the same ‘ole same ‘ole pumpkin recipes, you’ve got to make these for your family. They’re perfect for breakfast or a sweet treat. Serve them with some eggnog or a glass of milk!
The biggest tip here is to buy the best pumpkin puree (Libby’s is the best) and the best pumpkin pie spice ( My favorite is the Simply Organic brand) you can get your hands on. You can always go really crazy and make your own! I like to keep this recipe quick but you can go all in if you really want to!
How To Form The Donuts
The trick to this, is a muffin tin and an ice cream scooper. You will want a small sized, squeezable scooper.
Simply use the scooper to portion out the balls evenly. Then, place them individually in it’s own muffin compartment. That will keep them from rolling into each other and give them space to bake.
Enjoy your donuts!
Pumpkin Donut Holes
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 1 C pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 1/4 C sugar divided into 1 cup and 1/4 cup portions
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
- Muffin tin
- Baking spray
- 2 - large bowls
- zip loc bag
- small ice cream scoop
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep a muffing tin with baking spray. Set aside.
- Add the 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon into a zip loc bag. Shake the bag to mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Whisk vegetable oil, pumpkin puree, eggs, and 1 cup of sugar in a large bowl until combined.
- In a second bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, 3/4 tsp of cinnamon, and pumpkin pie seasoning whisking until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time mixing until all ingredients are combined.
- Using the small ice cream scoop form the dough into a ball, Place the dough balls into the bottom of the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- When the donut holes have baked allow them to cool for 5 minutes.
- Put 1 donut hole in the zip loc bag at a time to cover them with the cinnamon sugar mixture.