Muddy Buddy Cookies are the perfect blend of chocolate and peanut butter flavor in every bite. These cookies are made with rich peanut butter cookie dough and topped with chocolate and powdered sugar. They’re perfect for any occasion, whether you’re looking for a delicious treat to take to a party or just want something to share with your friends and family.
Muddy Buddy Cookie Recipe
Muddy Buddy Cookies are the perfect combination of 2 things that you already love: Peanut butter cookies and Muddy Buddy snack mix. With the snack mix, you are taking Chex mix, covering it with peanut butter and then chocolate and powdered sugar. These are different from the classic peanut butter cookies, topping them with chocolate and then dusting with powdered sugar.
- Peanut Butter- use your favorite creamy peanut butter.
- Sugar- Just like when you are making peanut butter cookies, you want to use white sugar and brown sugar for the best moisture and taste.
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips- This is the make the center of the Muddy Buddy Cookies
- Powdered Sugar – to Sprinkle tops of Cookies
How to Make Muddy Buddy Cookies
Mix together the wet ingredients until cream and smooth. In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and then slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until a dough forms.
Scoop the cookies onto a baking sheet and bake until the cookies are golden brown and starting to crack. Remove the cookies from the oven and press them down with a flat glass.
Heat the chocolate in the microwave and then spoon into the cookies and let sit for at least an hour.
Sprinkle the cookies with powdered sugar.
Can I Use Natural Peanut Butter
You do not want to use natural peanut butter. It tends to make any type of baked good come out dry and crumbly. You want to use a peanut butter that is high in sugar, fat and oil. It makes the cookies come out delicious.
What is the Best Way to Sift Powdered Sugar Over the Cookies
I like to use a sifter to get the evenly distributed powdered sugar over the cookies. You can find them on Amazon and in the baking section of stores.
If you do not have a sifter on hand, you can break the sugar up with your fingers and then flick the sugar off your fingers or use a fork and tap the fork on your hand.
How to Make Muddy Buddy Cookies Harden Faster
If you want the chocolate to set on the cookies faster, you can place the cookies in the refrigerator. It takes about 2 hours for the cookies to harden at room temperature and it takes about 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
More Cookie Recipes
- The BEST Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- Star Crunch Cookies (Copycat Recipe)
- Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Muddy Buddy Cookies
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, mix the Butter, Peanut Butter, Sugar, and Brown Sugar, until creamy and smooth. Add the Vanilla, and Egg, and blend well. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda until well combined. Add the mixing bowl, and blend between additions. Mix until smooth dough forms.
- Line a Cookie Sheet with Parchment paper, and set the oven to 350 degrees. Roll the dough into Tablespoon size balls, and roll in sugar, then place on the Parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cookies have turned golden brown, and have begun to crack . Remove the cookie sheet from the oven, and gently smash the cookies, with the bottom of a flat glass, pushing the center in slightly. Leave cookies on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When all cookies have been baked, place the Chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, and melt the chocolate chips at 15 second intervals, stirring between, until chocolate chips are melted. Spoon melted chocolate into the center of each cookie, and let cookies sit for about an hour, until chocolate begins to set. Once chocolate is set in the center of the cookies, sprinkle the powdered Sugar over the cookies. Serve, and Enjoy!