Dr Pepper Ribs in the slow cooker absolutely fall off the bone and have the best flavor! This recipe takes only a few simple ingredients and tastes great every time.
This recipe is perfect for dinner or for a Fall afternoon watching football. If you have guests over for the big game, try our Loaded Baked Potato Dip or the Bacon Cheddar Dip. We also really love these Margarita Ribs!
Dr Pepper Ribs
You are going to LOVE these ribs! Dr. Pepper adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the ribs. Using the crock pot is the best method in my opinion for making ribs. This is not only the easiest way to make ribs, but also the ribs are always cooked to perfection. This is one of those dump and go dinners that the entire family will love!
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Country Style Pork Ribs
- Dr Pepper Soda
- BBQ Sauce
- Liquid Smoke – this makes the ribs taste like they’ve been in the smoker all day
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
How To Make Dr Pepper Ribs
Making these is pretty straightforward and simple. First, you’re going to cook your ribs in the slow cooker with just Dr. Pepper.
Once they are ready, you’ll make your sauce with more Dr. Pepper, original BBQ sauce, garlic powder, pepper and liquid smoke.
Brush that delicious concoction onto the ribs and bake in the oven for 30 minutes (15 on each side). These ribs come out absolutely perfect every time!
What Is Liquid Smoke?
Liquid Smoke is literally smoke that has been condensed into liquid form. The purpose is to add some of that grill, smokey flavor to meat without actually cooking it over smoke. You can find it right in your local grocery store.
It’s great because you need very little of it to add the flavor and saves you a bunch of time by skipping right over outdoor grilling.
Dr Pepper Ribs
- In the slow cooker, pour 1 can of soda over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours or on high for about 4.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place a wire rack on prepared baking sheet.
- Stir together BBQ sauce, liquid smoke, garlic powder and pepper with 1/2 cup Dr. Pepper.
- Move ribs from the slow cooker to wire rack.
- Brush ribs with sauce and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip ribs, brush again and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with remaining sauce.