Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Ribs
Dr Pepper Ribs in the slow cooker absolutely fall off the bone and have the best flavor! This recipe takes only a few simple ingredients and tastes great every time.
This recipe is perfect for dinner or for a Fall afternoon watching football. If you have guests over for the big game, try our Loaded Baked Potato Dip or the Bacon Cheddar Dip. We also really love these Margarita Ribs!
Dr Pepper Ribs in The Slow Cooker
Making these is pretty straightforward and simple. First, you’re going to cook your ribs in the slow cooker with just Dr. Pepper.
Once they are ready, you’ll make your sauce with more Dr. Pepper, original BBQ sauce, garlic powder, pepper and liquid smoke.
Brush that delicious concoction onto the ribs and bake in the oven for 30 minutes (15 on each side). These ribs come out absolutely perfect every time!
What Is Liquid Smoke?
Liquid Smoke is literally smoke that has been condensed into liquid form. The purpose is to add some of that grill, smokey flavor to meat without actually cooking it over smoke. You can find it right in your local grocery store.
It’s great because you need very little of it to add the flavor and saves you a bunch of time by skipping right over outdoor grilling.
Dr Pepper Ribs
- 4.5 lbs. country style pork ribs
- 2 12oz. cans Dr. Pepper soda, divided
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- In the slow cooker, pour 1 can of soda over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours or on high for about 4.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place a wire rack on prepared baking sheet.
- Stir together BBQ sauce, liquid smoke, garlic powder and pepper with 1/2 cup Dr. Pepper.
- Move ribs from the slow cooker to wire rack.
- Brush ribs with sauce and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip ribs, brush again and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with remaining sauce.