Pickle Chicken is made with tender chicken thighs cooked and seasoned with ranch mix, gravy mix, butter, and of course pickles! It might sound like a strange combination, but it’s delicious…trust me! Super easy and made in the Slow Cooker.
Slow Cooker Pickle Chicken
This chicken recipe is an absolute favorite in my household. This recipe is so simple to make and only requires a handful of ingredients. You will want this recipe for dinner every night of the week! The pickles add a wonderful flavor that’s sweet and tangy. Every bite will have you wanting more!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Chicken: I used boneless and skinless chicken thighs for this recipe. You can use any cut of meat and it will taste great.
Mix: You will need ranch mix, and brown gravy mix to season the chicken. You will also use parsley to garnish the chicken for extra flavor.
Pickles: I like to use mini dill pickles along with the juice, but any type will work just fine.
How To Make Pickle Chicken
Step 1. Place the chicken into the slow cooker and sprinkle with the ranch mix and 1 packet of gravy mix. Save the other packet of gravy mix for later on. Add in the pickles and pour the juice on top. Put the butter on top of the other ingredients.
Step 2. Allow the ingredients to cook for 4-6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high until the chicken is tender. Add the other gravy mix packet from earlier into the mix to thicken the sauce. Top with parsley, serve, and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks For The Best Pickle Chicken:
Here are a few great tips for making the recipe the best it can be!
- You can use bone-in or boneless cuts of chicken for this recipe if desired.
- I prefer using petite pickles for this recipe, but slices or spears cut into pieces will work just as well.
- I use Dill pickles for this recipe, but you can use any kind you prefer. Even spicy pickles will work amazingly.
- I like to add some garlic to this recipe for more flavor.
- Make sandwiches by shredding chicken on buns or rolls.
What To Serve With Pickle Chicken?
You can serve this chicken with an array of things for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I love enjoying the chicken on sandwiches or with a side of roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, pasta, rice, salad, etc.
More Chicken Recipes:
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
- Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Pickle Chicken Thighs (Slow Cooker)
- 8 chicken thighs boneless skinless
- 1 1 oz dry ranch mix
- 2 0.87 oz brown gravy mixes
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup pickles mini with juice
- Parsley for garnish
- In your slow cooker place your chicken thighs.
- Sprinkle your ranch dressing over and 1 of the gravy packets over the chicken. Reserve 1 packet of gravy for later.
- Sprinkle the pickles and pickle juice all over the top.
- Place the butter on top of everything.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours until the meat is tender.
- Right before serving stir in the reserved gravy mix to thicken it up.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Serve over rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.