You will absolutely love this Melt in Your Mouth Chicken for a quick and easy dinner. Perfectly baked chicken topped with a rich and flavorful coating, dinner is ready in just 45 minutes!
Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
Chicken is such an obvious dinner time go-to, so we love this simple recipe. It takes just minutes to whip up the topping and brush it onto chicken breasts, then pop them in the oven to bake while you prepare the rest of your dinner. The chicken turns out perfectly juicy and delicious every time!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Melt in Your Mouth Chicken (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy-to-print recipe card):
Chicken – use boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Mayonnaise – we used regular full-fat mayonnaise, but to reduce calories you can use plain Greek yogurt.
Parmesan cheese – be sure to use freshly grated cheese for the best results.
Ground black pepper
How to Make Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, freshly grated parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
Spread the mixture over the chicken breast and place in a glass baking dish or a metal baking pan.
Tip: We used a metal sheet pan, but be sure the pan or baking dish you use has a raised edge to prevent the juices from the chicken from dripping over the sides and into the oven.
Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is golden brown.
What to Serve with Baked Chicken
This chicken is so versatile and pairs well with many side dishes! Here are some favorites:
- Potatoes – mashed, baked, roasted or any other way you like them, potatoes are perfect with this chicken.
- Veggies – green beans, peas, carrots, corn, asparagus, etc.
- Salad – a fresh green salad is a great accompaniment to the baked chicken.
- Pasta – buttered noodles, pasta with alfredo sauce or marinara are all delicious with this meal.
How to Store Leftover Chicken
Keep the leftover baked chicken in an airtight food storage container. Refrigerate for up to three days. Reheat individual portions in the microwave.
More Recipes You Will Love
Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt such as Lowry’s
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, freshly grated parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- Spread the mixture over top of the chicken breast and place in a glass baking dish or a metal baking pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped Parsley (optional)