With just 6 ingredients, these Mini Chicken Pot Pies are a quick, easy, and comforting dinner for any weeknight! Flaky biscuits are used as the crusted, while the filling is made with creamy soup, sour cream, chicken and vegetables. Serve with a salad for a healthy and filling dinner.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Muffins
I love making homemade chicken pot pie but sometimes, I want something a little quicker to throw together while still keeping all of the main elements of the dish. Enter these Mini Chicken Pot Pies. They have all the elements of any other pot pie – chunks of chicken, lots of veggies, and a creamy sauce – but are baked with a biscuit crust inside muffin tins.
So not only do these personal pot pies taste amazing, they’re also super cute. I find that one is the perfect size for kids and even adults when served with a side or two, though sometimes two makes a better serving for adults.
What You’ll Need
You’ll need just 6 ingredients for these chicken pot pie biscuit cups.
- Cooked chicken – You can use a cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken. This is a great way to use up leftovers!
- Cream of chicken soup – The creamy base to the filling.
- Sour cream – Adds a little tang that balances out the rich, creamy soup.
- Frozen vegetables – A bag of mixed veggies with green beans, corn, and carrots is perfect.
- Biscuit dough – Biscuits make up the base of these mini chicken pot pies.
- Poultry seasoning – Adds more chicken flavor to the dish.
How to Make Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Making mini pot pies at home could not be easier.
- Prepare the filling. Rinse the vegetables to thaw. Combine the chicken soup and sour cream then add in the seasoning. Stir in the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the biscuits. Spray the muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Add a biscuit to each cup, pressing down and to the top. Spoon the chicken mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Wait for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.
Tips & Variations
Here are a few ways to switch up your individual chicken pot pies!
- Use leftover chicken. I love using leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken for these mini pot pies. Makes them even easier!
- Use your favorite veggies. Any frozen veggies will work just fine in this recipe. I find the mixed vegetables to be easiest as it’s just one bag with a variety of different veggies but feel free to add more of your favorites.
- Can I use other protein? Absolutely. The chicken can easily be swapped out for turkey or even ham.
- Make it vegetarian. For vegetarian pot pies, just omit the chicken and add more veggies.
- Add some cheddar cheese. Since there’s no crust on this, you can sprinkle on some cheddar cheese if you like.
These individual pot pies can be enjoyed on their own but since they’re smaller in size, I like to add a nice side salad or some veggies to accompany them. I particularly love this honey butter skillet corn and honey glazed carrots as sides, since those veggies are also inside.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
While these are best enjoyed immediately, leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Note that the longer they set, the softer the biscuit will become. I recommend reheating in the oven to keep the biscuit crisp but you can also reheat in the microwave.
Can I Freeze These?
Yes, your mini chicken pot pies can be frozen. Allow to cool completely then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil. Freeze. Bake from frozen until heated through, usually about 30 minutes.
More Chicken Pot Pie Recipes:
Mini Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 cup cooked chicken cubed
- 3/4 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 12 ounce tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ground pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse frozen vegetables to thaw.
- Mix together chicken soup and sour cream in a medium bowl. Stir in seasoning. Then mix in the chicken and thawed vegetables.
- Take biscuits out of the tube.
- Spray 8 regular size muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Place each biscuit into the muffin cups, pressing down and all the way to the top. Spoon chicken mixture into each biscuit lined muffin cup (about 1/4 cup each).
- Bake 18-20 minutes until crescents are deep golden brown. Wait about 5 minutes before removing mini pot pies from the muffin tin. Serve immediately.