My boys always love creating fun homemade pizza’s especially when they get to create something fun like this Thanksgiving Turkey Pizza!
Thanksgiving Turkey Pizza
We were asked by Pillsbury to get together and create a fun pizza family night using Pillsbury pizza crust. Pizza is a favorite for kids to get in the kitchen to help make. They did such a awesome job and their little turkey turned out so cute! Having the kids create a fun pizza is also a great way to get the them to try some new veggies. Making this turkey pizza would be the only way my boys would eat bell peppers on a pizza so I love offering veggies to add bright colors for whatever theme they want to create.
What You’ll Need
Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust
1/3 Cup Pizza Sauce
2 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Bag of Mini Sweet Bell Peppers
1 Black Olive
How To Make a Turkey Pizza
- First you want to roll out your pizza dough onto a lightly greased pan. Have the kids pat it down and round off the corners.
- Then spread on the pizza sauce using the back of a spoon (my 3 year old wanted his Dough Boy to watch).
- Sprinkle on the cheese.
- Then you want to slice the mini sweet bell peppers and layer the different colors (red, yellow, orange) around the top.
- Then add on the pepperoni in the shape of a turkey head.
- They also cut out feet and a beak with a orange bell pepper using kitchen scissors (let older kids do this part). We used cheese and cut a black olive in half to make the eyes.
- Bake according to package directions.
Here is how their turkey pizza looked before baking.