This Pink Lemonade Cake is absolutely amazing. With a burst of lemon, this moist cake has lemon in the cake and the frosting. Decorated with lemon slices there is no doubt that this lemon-flavored cake is going to be a hit.
Pink Lemonade Cake
Not only does this delicious and moist cake have a burst of lemon flavor, the inside looks stunning with its lemonade and [ink lemonade colors. This cake brings it all together with lemon extract in the buttercream frosting. This is such a fantastic cake for summer desserts, picnics, or get togethers.
- White cake mix- Using white cake mixes make this cake easier to make. You can use your favorite white cake recipe if you prefer.
- Egg – You will only be using the egg whites in this recipe. This helps to keep the cake looking white
- Water- This is the water that is called for in the cake mix.
- Canola oil- You can also use vegetable oil if you have that on hand.
- Lemons – You will need lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon slices for this recipe.
- Yellow and Pink Gel food coloring- By using a gel food coloring, it is easier to get the bring colors you want for this recipe.
- Unsalted butter- Always use unsalted butter when you are baking. It lets you control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Powdered sugar- Powdered sugar is the best sugar to use for buttercream frosting.
- Heavy whipping cream- Whipping cream is used to create the right consistency for frosting.
- Lemon extract- Using lemon extract gives the frosting a strong lemon flavor instead of using lemon juice.
How to Make Pink Lemonade Cake
Using a mixer, beat together the cake ingredients, except the colors, until it is smooth and there are no lumps.
Divide the batter into 2 bowls.
One bowl will be colored yellow with 2-3 drops of food coloring. You want a pale yellow color.
The other bowl will get 2-3 drops of pink food coloring to create a pale pink color.
Scoop the cake batter into the cake pans by alternating colors to give patches of each color.
Bake the cake for 28-32 minutes.
Using a mixer, beat the frosting ingredients together until the frosting is forming stiff peaks.
Scoop one cup of the frosting into a piping bag and set it aside until later.
Remove the cakes from the pans and use a cake leveler to cut the domes off the cakes.
Take about 1 cup of frosting and spread it evenly over the first layer. Repeat this with the second layer.
Place the third layer on top and then frost the entire cake.
Pipe dollops of frosting on top of the cake and then place a lemon slice on top.
Is Pink Lemonade Just Regular Lemonade?
Pink lemonade is a variation of lemonade that is pink in color. The pink lemonade is the same as the traditional lemonade except it is pink due to food coloring, cranberries or strawberries.
Do I Use Real Lemons in This Cake?
In this cake, you are using a combination of real lemons, for the lemon juice lemon zest and lemon slices for decoration, and lemon extract in the frosting. The real lemons give this cake an amazing flavor.
More Layer Cake Recipes
- Hippie Tie Dye Cake
- Patriotic Layered Cake
- Layered Cherry Coke Cake
- Cannoli Cake Recipe
- Layered Bloody Vampire Cake Recipe
Pink Lemonade Cake
- 2 boxes white cake mix
- 8 large Egg whites
- 2 ½ Cup water
- 1 Cup canola oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon zested
- Yellow and Pink Gel food coloring
- 3 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 6 Cup powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp lemon extract
- 1 lemon zested
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray cake pans with pam baking spray
- Using a hand mixer and large bowl, beat all cake ingredients until combined and smooth
- Divide the cake batter into 2 bowls
- Mix in 2-3 drops of yellow food coloring into one bowl and mix to get a pale yellow color
- Mix in 2-3 drops of pink food coloring into the second bowl and mix to get a pale pink color
- Drop scoops of the colored batters into the cake pans
- Place into the oven and back for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients except for the colors until combined and smooth but stiff with peaks
- Scoop 1 C lemon frosting into the last piping bag with a star tip
Building the cake directions:
- Place one cake layer onto the cake board and cut the dome off the cake to make an even layer
- Repeat step with other two layers
- Scoop 1 Cup of lemon frosting onto the bottom layer and spread evenly
- Place the second cake layer on top and spread evenly 1 more cup of frosting
- Place the last layer of cake on top
- Use the remaining lemon frosting and frost entire cake
- Pipe dollops of frosting onto the top
- Place lemon slices on top
- Cut and enjoy!