Popcorn Balls are a classic treat loved by kids and adults. This popcorn ball recipe is the best and fun to serve for parties, holidays and also fun to wrap for gifts!
Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
Popcorn balls is nostalgic for me. My mom made them when I was a kid around the holidays and my family loved devouring this delicious treat.
I love making these and having them stored on my kitchen counter when I want something sweet, a little salty, gooey and crunchy. This easy recipe is a great base for so many flavor combinations – the possibilities are endless!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Popcorn: You can use freshly popped popcorn or a bag of pre-popped.
Add-Ins: I like to add sweet flavors to this recipe by adding marshmallows and holiday candies and sprinkles.
How To Make Popcorn Balls
Step 1. Add the butter into a large saucepan to melt. Put in the marshmallows and mix frequently until melted. Take away from the heat and mix in the vanilla. Put in the popcorn and fold to combine. Allow it to cool slightly.
Step 2. Grease your hands with nonstick cooking spray. Add 1 cup of the popcorn mixture into your hand and shape it into a ball. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat to cool. Serve and enjoy!
Variations For Popcorn Balls:
You can alter these to your liking by using some of the options below:
- Use caramel popcorn or other flavored popcorn for this recipe.
- Add in chocolate chips, caramel bits, or toffee.
- Use any of your favorite sprinkles or candies.
Tips & Tricks
- Store the balls in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.
- You can keep these at room temperature or in the fridge.
More Popcorn Recipes:
- Caramel Popcorn Recipe (Quick and Easy)
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn
- Apple Pie Bourbon Flavored Popcorn Mix
- Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 8-9 cups popcorn popped, unflavored
- ¼ cup butter
- 10-oz. bag marshmallows
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Holiday candies and sprinkles optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows, and stir constantly until marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Add popcorn, and fold into marshmallow mixture.
- Let cool slightly for handling. Lightly spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop about 1 cup of the popcorn mixture and form it into a ball.
- Place on a sheet of waxed paper or silicone baking mat to cool.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
6 comments on “Popcorn Balls”
When do you put the M&Ms & sprinkles in the above recipe (popcorn balls)?
After they have cooled slightly but are still tacky enough to accept the sprinkles and M & M’s.
I put dry Jello in mine (raspberry, orange, or lime). So delicious!
How and when do you add m&m’s and sprinkles without them melting or bleeding colors ?
After they have cooled somewhat but are still sticky.
enjoy reading the recipes….. some good ideas..