Apple Pie! We all love a good ole Apple Pie! There is an amazing twist on a favorite. This incredible Apple Pie Bourbon Flavored Popcorn Mix is a treat that you can share with your friends and family.
Apple Pie Bourbon Flavored Popcorn Mix
This crazy and complex flavored treat is an amazing addition for any occasion where you want to have a quick snack. You will want to make this to celebrate the fall season or make it for get togethers.
- Light brown sugar- Make sure the brown sugar is lightly packed.
- Apple pie spice- This will be for the signature apple pie flavor.
- Apple Bourbon- This will add the apple and bourbon flavor to the popcorn.
- Pecan halves- This will be added in with your mix.
- Popcorn kernels- This is the key ingredient
- Butter- Make sure the butter is salted.
- Corn syrup- This will add a sweet flavor and thicken the recipe.
- Baking soda- This will help the bourbon foam.
How to Make Apple Pie Bourbon Flavored Popcorn
Set your oven to 325 degrees.
Combine the sugar, spice and bourbon in a medium bowl.
Mix well until it just begins to blend.
Add in the pecans.
Evenly spread onto a baking sheet lined with silicone.
For 20-25 minutes, bake your ingredients. Stir the mix after 10 minutes and the additionally for every 5 minutes.
Take out of the oven and let cool thoroughly.
Place the mix in a air-tight container.
Using parchment paper, line your baking sheets.
Evenly spread the popcorn between the two lined pans.
Set the oven to 250 degrees.
Add your butter, pie spice, brown sugar and corn syrup to a medium to large saucepan and heat on a medium to high.
Mix the ingredients until melted and begins to bubble.
Stop mixing and set a timer for 2 minutes.
Let the caramel bubble up and expand. Then, after 2 minutes, take off the heat.
Pour in the baking soda and bourbon until combined.
The mixture will start to become foamier.
Take the bourbon caramel and drizzle evenly over the popcorn.
Set the popcorn in the oven for another 15 minutes.
Take out each pan at a time from the oven and mix the popcorn.
Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Take out of the oven and let your ingredients cool.
When its cooled, put the popcorn and pecans in a big bowl and toss to mix and combine your ingredients.
Is This Kid Safe Popcorn?
There is a very small amount of bourbon in this recipe. The bourbon when cooked will completely cook out the alcohol. However, it will come down to personal preference whether or not you want your children to have it.
Tips for Storing Popcorn to Last Longer
You always want to seal your ingredients the correct way for longer shelf life. The easiest way to store this mix is in an air-tight container. You can also use a freezer bag and seal the bag to become air-tight as well.
More Popcorn Recipes
- Valentine Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Grinch Popcorn – Easy Christmas Treat
- Popcorn Carrot Treat Bags – Easter Snack for Kids!
- Valentine’s Day Snack – White Chocolate Popcorn – Free Printable
Apple Pie Bourbon Flavored Popcorn Mix
Bourbon Pecans ingredients
- 1 Cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 tsp. Apple pie spice
- 1/4 Cup + 1 tablespoon Apple Bourbon
- 2 Cups pecan halves
- 3/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Apple Pie Spice
- 2 teaspoons apple bourbon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Bourbon Pecans Directions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, spice and bourbon
- Mix until just blended
- Stir in pecans
- Spread on a silicone mat-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes and then every 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool completely
- Store in air-tight container
- Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread the popcorn as evenly as possible between your two parchment lined pans.
- Turn your oven to 250 degrees.
- In a medium to large sized saucepan add the butter, pie spice, brown sugar, and corn syrup
- Cook on a medium to high.
- Stir the mixture until melted and the mixture starts to bubble.
- Stop stirring and set the timer for 2 minutes.
- The caramel will bubble up and expand.
- After two minutes turn off the heat.
- Add in the baking soda and the bourbon.
- Stir to combine.
- The mixture will become foamier.
- Drizzle the bourbon caramel evenly onto the popcorn.
- Place the popcorn in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove ech pan one at a time, from the oven and stir the popcorn.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled place the popcorn and pecans in a large bowl and toss to combine.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.