If a movie night is in your future or you may need another treat to add to a Christmas buffet during the holidays, then I have just the recipe for you! This Peppermint Bark Popcorn is super fun and perfect to share with friends and family. This takes bland popcorn to new heights.
Peppermint Bark Popcorn
This Peppermint Bark Popcorn recipe is so delicious and loaded with flavor. It has a mix of dark and white chocolate with peppermint pieces and sprinkles to make this even more festive for this holiday season. Have a great recipe in just 30 minutes. Be sure to keep this one handy!
Peppermint, at least to me, is such a key ingredient to use during the holidays. There is just something about the flavor of peppermint that really brings everything together. If you are crazy about peppermint like I am, then I have a couple of recipes that I think your family will love. Like my Ghirardelli Peppermint Cheesecake. I know that look you just gave, yes, it features Ghirardelli White Chocolate, I mean what could be better than chocolate and cheesecake? My Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies are also always favorites during the holidays. Now, if you prefer to enjoy peppermint in a hot beverage, then my Boozy Peppermint Mocha will be a must-try!
- Kettle Corn- Make sure to get the pre-popped Kettle Corn.
- Chocolate Chips- You will need dark and white chocolate chips for this recipe.
- Peppermint Extract- Be sure to use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Oil- You will need to use coconut oil to easily melt the chocolate.
- Peppermint Candies- These will be added on top of the popcorn.
- Sprinkles- These will be added on top for more color and give the recipe a festive feel.
How to Make Peppermint Bark Popcorn
Take out a large baking sheet and spread out your popcorn in an even layer.
Use two separate bowls and place the dark chocolate in one and white chocolate in the other. Add 1/4 of the extract and 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil into each bowl. Melt in 30-second intervals and stir between each one.
Pour the melted chocolates over top of the popcorn and then top with the peppermint candies and sprinkles.
Let the popcorn rest for 30 minutes to set.
Enjoy or bag up!
Can I Use Microwave Popcorn For This?
For this Peppermint Bark Popcorn, your best choice in popcorn is already pre-popped kettle corn. Not only will this save you a bit of time, but this popcorn also has the best flavor. Regular popcorn can be used, but it is very bland compared to kettle corn.
What Chocolate is Best on Popcorn?
The best chocolate to use for this Bark popcorn is the chocolate in the recipe. You use dark and white chocolate, and they have the best flavor. You could possibly use chocolate with nuts or crisps in it to add more texture.
MORE POPCORN RECIPES
Peppermint Bark Popcorn
- 7 ounces pre popped kettle corn
- ½ cup chocolate chips melted
- ½ cup white chocolate chips melted
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract divided
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil divided
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candy
- Spread the popcorn out in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips in two separate bowls, each with ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract and ½ teaspoon of coconut oil, on 30-second intervals until smooth. Make sure to stir between each round.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate mixtures over the top of the popcorn then sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies and sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate to set for about 30 minutes then enjoy or bag up.