We have two versions of our Puppy Dog Bento Lunch that we want to share with you! These cute meals takes just minutes to make and your kids will love opening this up at school for a fun lunch!
We had the privilege of working with LG Electronics this past weekend teaching kids how to create easy Back to School Bento Lunches at the Kidzvuz event in New York City! My older boys were with me and we had such a amazing time! It was so fun to watch the kids (and adults) get creative and make cute lunch ideas. We will share our different lunch ideas and parts of the event all week long so make sure to check back!
Puppy Dog Bento Lunch Ingredients
- 2 Slices of Bread
- 2 Pretzel Crackers
- 2 Marshmallows Bits
- 3 Large Raisins
- 1 Strawberry
- 1 Clementine
- 1 Pkg of Scooby Snacks
- Peanut or Sunflower Butter
- Edible Marker
- Spread peanut butter & jelly between the 2 slices of bread
- Place 2 pretzel crackers on top of the 2 corners for the dogs ears.
- Place 3 raisins on the front of the sandwich for the dogs eyes & nose.
- Cut a small piece from a strawberry for the mouth.
- Cut 2 large triangles from a clementine to look like ears (using a knife), but leave them attached and pull them up to look like ears.
- Flatten the 2 marshmallow bits and press a edible marker in the center to look like eyes.
- Add your Scooby Snacks
This is easy enough for your kids to make all by themselves and they will be so proud of their cute lunch creation!
This fun Puppy Dog Bento Lunch includes homemade whole wheat cheese crackers that the kids will love! A healthy and fun lunch that the kids will love taking to school!
Dog Bento Lunch Ingredients
- Sandwich of Choice
- Whole Wheat Cheese Crackers (recipe below)
- 1 Clementine
- 1 Strawberry
- Edible Eyes
- Keebler Scooby Snacks
- Make any sandwich of choice using whole wheat bread.
- Place the top on the bottom & cut out a small space for the strawberry tongue.
- Use a end piece to make the ears.
- Peel a clementine & cut the peel to make ears.
- Use raisins to decorate for the nose, eyes, & mouth.
- Place the Scooby snack cookies on the bottom.
- Then add the bone crackers.
Dog Bone Whole Wheat Cheese Crackers (for Kids…not Dogs)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and salt until creamy.
- Add cheese.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and water, mixing until dough begins to form a ball.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, divide in half and pat into two balls with your hands.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Using one ball of dough at a time, roll the dough into 1/8 inch thickness between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Cut the rolled out dough in shapes with dog bone cutters & circles (for the paws).
- Place on parchment or silicon baking mat lined baking sheets.Bake 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing.
Other Fun Bentos…
Here are a few pics from the LG event…