These Raspberry Sweet Rolls are Homemade, EASY and absolutely Delicious! Topped with a fantastic cream cheese frosting. If you have never made sweet rolls from scratch this is a great recipe to start with. We especially love to make these for the Holidays.
Because of our love for homemade rolls we have made some really great ones. Once you try these then you’ve got to try Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls, Hot Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls and Lemon Blueberry Sweet Rolls. You will not be disappointed.
Raspberry Sweet Rolls
We have a long-running Christmas tradition of making cinnamon rolls for breakfast every December 25th. Do you have a Christmas morning breakfast tradition?
I think this year might be the year I switch to raspberry rolls. I don’t want to sway too far away from tradition but would love to spice it up some. To do this, I’ll get the dough ready the day before and leave it in the fridge so I won’t have a lot of work on Christmas morning.
Important Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Vegetable oil
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Raspberry Sweet Rolls
Start with your water, milk, oil and yeast – let that sit while the yeast bubbles. Slowly beat in eggs and then flour and continue until it starts to form a sticky dough. Leave your dough covered to sit and this is when it does the magical bread thing where it expands to twice it’s size! (My kids love this part.) While that does its thing, you can smash together your berries, sugar and vanilla.
If you’ve ever made homemade rolls then this part will look familiar. Spread your dough out, spread the filling, roll it up, cut into slices and bake. Easy!
Cream Cheese Frosting
These is a really hand recipe to keep around because you can add it to any of your sweet roll recipes. All you do is take your ingredients and beat them together until creamy. The hardest part is simply waiting for the cream cheese to get to warm temperature!
Enjoy your raspberry rolls.
Raspberry Sweet Rolls
For the Rolls:
- 1 cup warm water
- ¾ cup warm milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant yeast
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 ½ cups frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup sugar for filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ½ block cream cheese
- ½ stick butter
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Whisk together water, milk, sugar, yeast, and vegetable oil in a large bowl for 2-3 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes and yeast will start to bubble.
- Add in eggs, and With an electric mixer that has a single beater attached, beat in flour a little at a time.
- Keep beating on a medium speed until your dough pulls away from the sides. It will be sticky but you will see when it comes together. Cover and set in a warm spot for 20 minutes to double in size.
- While dough is rising, smash together raspberries, sugar, and vanilla.
- Flour a surface, and roll out dough into a large rectangle. You may want to oil your hands to touch it so it doesn’t stick.
- Spread a layer of melted butter on your dough, followed by raspberry mixture.
- Roll up along the long end. (This dough is very fluffy and feels fragile but isn’t going to break) Cut into 6-8 slices.
- Place in a baking dish, and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- While baking beat all frosting ingredients together and set aside.
- Once fully cooked, spoon a generous amount of frosting onto warm rolls and serve as desired.