These Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls are yummy homemade pastries filled with blueberries and have a simple cream cheese frosting on top. These rolls are so delicious and easy to make!
Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
The ingredients here are pretty basic pantry staples, so you’ve probably got most of it already. Go grab some cream cheese and blueberry filling and let’s get started!
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Flour- All-purpose flour works best for this recipe.
- Sugar-This recipe uses granulated and powdered sugar.
- Oil- Vegetable, canola or coconut oil can be used.
- Yeast- Active dry yeast will make the rolls rise.
- Salt– This will add flavor to the rolls.
- Butter- You’ll use unsalted butter.
- Cinnamon- Used to flavor the dough.
- Blueberry Pie Filling- You can use store-bought or homemade.
- Vanilla- Pure vanilla extract works best.
- Cream Cheese- Used to make the frosting.
How To Make The Best Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
If you haven’t made homemade cinnamon rolls before and are feeling a little overwhelmed, don’t worry, we’re going to walk you through it!
- Mix. To Make the cinnamon roll dough, mix the sugar, water and yeast together in a large bowl and let that mixture sit for 10 minutes. Add the oil, salt and flour and knead for 6 minutes.
- Rise. Cover the dough and let it rise for 20 minutes.
- Roll. Roll out your dough 1/4 of an inch thick and pour the filling over it.
- Cut. Roll the dough tightly from end to end and cut into pieces with a knife, making 12 cinnamon rolls.
- Bake. Bake in a greased baking dish for about 12-14 minutes.
- Ice. While the rolls cool, mix the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar to make the icing. Once the rolls are cool, coat the cinnamon rolls in frosting.
How To Store Cinnamon Rolls
Keep these on the counter at room temperature or in the fridge in an airtight container for up to about 5 days.
How To Reheat Cinnamon Rolls
These blueberry rolls are best served warm and when they sit for a few hours they will need to be reheated. The best way to do this is to place the baking pan back in the oven for about 10 minutes on 350 or to microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
Other Cinnamon Roll Recipes
- Cinnamon Roll Bites
- Easy 1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- Hot Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Roll Ingredients:
- 8 ounce of cream cheese (1 package, softened)
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the warm water and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add yeast and let sit for about 10 minutes, or until yeast starts to look bubbly and creamy.
- Add oil, salt, and flour, a cup at a time and stir. Place on the stand mixer and Knead dough with dough hook for about 6 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for dough to rise.
- You can turn on your oven for a couple of minutes to warm the oven, then turn it off, and set the dough in the warm oven to rise for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough out in a long rectangular shape 1/4 inch thick on Parchment paper.
- Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread the Blueberry filling over the dough, stopping about 1/2 inch from the edges.
- Starting with the long wide of the rectangle, roll the dough tightly working the roll from one end of the dough to the other, making sure to roll as evenly as possible.
- When you get to the last roll on the dough, pick up the parchment paper under the dough, and roll the end over the roll.
- Then roll the parchment paper tightly around the log of dough.
- Cut the dough in half in the center and then cut the 2 halves in half. Cut the halves in 3 equal pieces for a total of 12.
- Place the rolls in a greased 9 X 13 dish and brush the tops or sides with butter and sprinkle a little sugar on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until the dough is a light golden brown.
- Leave the rolls in the dish to cool.
- While cooling, make the frosting.
- In the mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, Vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- When rolls are cool to the touch, spread the frosting over the rolls.
- Serve, and enjoy!