Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls are yummy homemade pastries with a simple cream cheese frosting on top. They’re so delicious and really pretty!
If you love these and want more, we’ve got lots more yummy recipes. At the bottom of this post are several more to choose from!
Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
The ingredients here are pretty basic pantry staples, so you’ve probably got most of it already. Go grab some cream cheese and blueberry filling and let’s get started!
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Powdered Sugar
- Cream Cheese
The Best Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
If you haven’t ever made homemade cinnamon rolls before and are feeling a little overwhelmed, don’t worry, we’re gonna walk you through it!
- Mix. Mix sugar and water together and let it sit for 10 minutes. Add the oil, salt and flour and knead for 6 minutes.
- Rise. Cover the dough and let it rise for 20 minutes.
- Roll. Roll out your dough 1/4 of an inch thick and pour the filling over it.
- Cut. Roll the dough tightly from end to end and cut into pieces, making 12 cinnamon rolls.
- Bake. Bake in a greased dish for about 12-14 minutes.
- Ice. While the rolls cool, mix the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar to make icing. Once they’re ready, coat the cinnamon rolls in frosting.
How To Store Cinnamon Rolls
Keep these on the counter, covered, for up to about 5 days.
How To Reheat Cinnamon Rolls
This snack is meant to be ate warm and once they sit for a few hours they need to be reheated to enjoy. The very best way to do this is back in the oven for about 10 minutes on 350.
More Recipes To Try Next
Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Roll Ingredients:
- 8 ounce of cream cheese (1 package, softened)
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the warm water and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add yeast and let sit for about 10 minutes, or until yeast starts to look bubbly and creamy.
- Add oil, salt, and flour, a cup at a time and stir. Place on the stand mixer and Knead dough with dough hook for about 6 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for dough to rise.
- You can turn on your oven for a couple of minutes to warm the oven, then turn it off, and set the dough in the warm oven to rise for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough out in a long rectangular shape 1/4 inch thick on Parchment paper.
- Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread the Blueberry filling over the dough, stopping about 1/2 inch from the edges.
- Starting with the long wide of the rectangle, roll the dough tightly working the roll from one end of the dough to the other, making sure to roll as evenly as possible.
- When you get to the last roll on the dough, pick up the parchment paper under the dough, and roll the end over the roll.
- Then roll the parchment paper tightly around the log of dough.
- Cut the dough in half in the center and then cut the 2 halves in half. Cut the halves in 3 equal pieces for a total of 12.
- Place the rolls in a greased 9 X 13 dish and brush the tops or sides with butter and sprinkle a little sugar on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until the dough is a light golden brown.
- Leave the rolls in the dish to cool.
- While cooling, make the frosting.
- In the mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, Vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- When rolls are cool to the touch, spread the frosting over the rolls.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.