These Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls are the best homemade rolls ever. These cinnamon rolls actually use a dry cake mix as the secret ingredient. Combined with a homemade cream cheese frosting, these are seriously delicious. Everyone that tries these are going to be so impressed!
Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
These can be made for a delicious breakfast or any special occasion like Christmas or Valentine’s Day.
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Red velvet cake mix
- active dry yeast
- canola oil
- unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- light brown sugar
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
- cream cheese
- pure vanilla extract
- whole milk
Have you ever made cake mix cinnamon rolls? The real benefit of making cake mix cinnamon rolls is that you only have to use about half of the ingredients. The cake mix already has most of the dry ingredients included.
Some cake mix rolls have textures that are a bit too dense, but these rolls are perfect! Super soft and tender. The added cream cheese frosting on top makes these melt in your mouth!
The filling has softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Not too much and overpowering, just the perfect amount to know it’s there.
Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, flour, warm water, and yeast.
- Mix until slightly combined
- Once combined, place dough onto a floured surface and knead until combined and the dough bounces back after touching it
- Place dough into a large glass bowl and brush the 1 tbsp oil onto the top of the dough and sides of the glass bowl
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let sit for an hour
- Once the dough has doubled in size, place dough onto floured surface and roll out to 1/8 inch
- Brush melted butter onto the dough and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar
- Roll into a log and cut into rolls
- Place rolls into a baking dish and cover again for another hour
- Once the hour is up, preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Once oven is preheated, bake the cinnamon rolls for 30 minutes
Cream Cheese Icing:
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and whole milk together until smooth and creamy
- Once the cinnamon rolls have been baked, remove from oven and smother with the cream cheese icing
- Allow cinnamon rolls to cool for about 15 minutes before enjoying!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
More Delicious Recipes