These Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats are shaped and decorated like a Reindeer with sprinkles, chocolate-covered pretzels, candy eyes, and an M&M nose.
Holiday Rice Krispies
These adorable treats are so sweet, delicious, and simple to make. The ingredients and directions are easy to get and follow which makes this a fun optional activity to make with your kiddos this Christmas. This is a treat that I love giving as gifts to my friends and family during the holidays.
We also have an Easy Rudolph Rice Krispie Treats version using Pre-made Rice Krispie Treats.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Rice Crispy Cereal: You will mix this with mini marshmallows to form the rice Krispie treats.
White Chocolate Chips: Use the melted chocolate to attach the decorations.
Snowman Decorations: You will need candy eyes, chocolate-covered pretzels, brown and red M&M’s, and sprinkles.
How To Make Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
Step 1. Use butter or baking spray to grease an 8-inch round pan. Add the butter into a large pot and melt over medium heat. Add in the marshmallows and mix to combine until completely melted. Work as quickly as you can, take off the heat, mix in the cereal and combine. Put the mixture into the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Let it cool thoroughly at room temperature.
Step 2. Run a knife along the edges of the pan to loosen the cooled treats. Place a board on top of the pan and gently turn over to remove the rice Krispies. Cut into 8 portioned triangles. In a heat-safe bowl, add in the white chocolate chips and melt in 15-second increments, mixing after each one until completely melted.
Step 3. Place a dot of melted chocolate on the backs of the candy eyes and place them onto the reindeer. Do the same step with the M&M’s and place them on the corner point of each triangle to make the noses. Attach the pretzels with chocolate for the antlers. Continue until all the reindeer are decorated. Place a bit of white chocolate in between the antlers and top with sprinkles and press down gently to make them stick. Let the chocolate harden at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Variations For Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats:
If you want simple ways to make these treats pop or if you don’t have something on the ingredients list. You can use some of the options below.
- You can use any kind of sprinkles, M&M’s, or regular pretzels to decorate.
- You can use chocolate rice cereal instead of regular.
- You can use frosting instead of candy eyes.
Tips & Tricks
- You can shape these into bigger or smaller treats. If you want to get a more accurate reindeer, you can do that as well.
- Make sure to store these cookies in an airtight container for the best storage method. You will want to separate these with parchment paper to keep them from sticking.
- These treats will last up to 5 days at room temperature, but taste the best up to 2 days.
More Rice Krispie Recipes:
- Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
- Caramel Apple Rice Krispie Treats
Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 Tbsp butter ½ stick, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 6 cups mini marshmallows 10 ounces
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 16 candy eyes
- 16 chocolate covered pretzels
- 7 brown M&Ms
- 1 red M&M
- Grease an 8” round pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add in the mini marshmallows. Stir until fully melted.
- Working quickly, remove from heat and stir in the cereal until evenly combined. Transfer the rice krispie treat mixture to the greased pan and press it down into an even layer.Allow to cool completely at room temperature.
- Using a knife, run it along the edges of the pan to loosen the treats from the dish. Put a cutting board on top of the pan and carefully flip it over to release the rice krispie circle from the pan onto the board.Slice the circle into 8 even triangles.
- Pour the white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted.
- Add a small amount of melted chocolate on the back of the candy eyes and stick them on each of the reindeer. Do the same with the M&M’s and stick one at the point of each triangle to create the noses and back of pretzels for the antlers.
- Optional: Finish decorating each reindeer by spreading a small amount white chocolate between the chocolate covered pretzel antlers. Top with sprinkles and press them down to ensure they stick. Allow the white chocolate to harden before serving the treats for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.