Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats are a tasty Fall treat that looks just like a freshly baked pumpkin pie and is topped with a delicious Cinnamon Whipped Cream.
Fall Rice Krispies
These sweet rice Krispies are simple to make and taste incredible! The pumpkin pie-shaped treat is a great goodie bag gift or something cute to add to a dessert buffet for Halloween. From far away, people will think it’s a pie and when they get closer they will be so happy to see the ooey and gooey marshmallow snack instead.
Key Ingredients You’ll need
Mini Marshmallows: This will be combined with salted butter to easily combine with the cereal. I like to add Maple syrup for flavor.
Rice Krispies: Of course, this is the main ingredient for this recipe, but you can try this recipe with other kinds of cereal. But, rice Krispies work the best.
Pumpkin: You will need a combination of pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree to get that really strong Fall pumpkin flavor! I add extra cinnamon for additional flavor.
Food Coloring: This will really make the treats pop with an orange pumpkin pie color! I use gel food coloring because it blends the best!
Cinnamon Whipped Cream: This is an optional topping, but I highly recommend it because it tastes so good! Traditional whipped cream will work as well.
How To Make Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
Step 1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on low heat. Add in the maple syrup and whisk to combine. Put in the mini marshmallows and continue to mix until melted. Add in the rice Krispies and use a rubber spatula to carefully fold until combined and coated. Grease a pie dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the prepared mixture into the dish and form it to shape the crust part of the pie. Allow it to cool and set while preparing the “filling”.
Step 2. Melt more butter on low heat before adding in the pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, and cinnamon and whisking to combine. Put in the marshmallows and combine again until melted. Put in the food coloring until you have the desired color you want. Add in the Krispies and fold to combine with a spatula until coated.
Step 3. Add the prepared “filling” into the dish and press the mixture down firmly to meld the layers together. Allow the treats to cool and set before cutting into pie-shaped slices and serving. Enjoy with a big dollop of cinnamon whipped cream!
Why Are My Pumpkin Rice Krispies Soggy?
A reason why this could be happening is that you are adding way too much pumpkin puree. You want to make sure to not use more than needed or it will become soggy.
How To Store Rice Krispies?
You will want to store the leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method. Keep the treats at room temperature for up to 2 days or place them in the freezer to extend the shelf life. They will last up to 6 weeks longer in the freezer.
Tips & Tricks
- If you prefer to leave out the pumpkin flavor for this recipe, you can just replace the maple syrup, pumpkin spice, puree, and cinnamon with a tablespoon of vanilla extract for each layer. This will make them taste like regular rice Krispies but still have the look!
- If you want to add color to the whipped cream, you can!
- Add sprinkles on top or in the treats for more texture and decoration!
- You can cool down the treats faster by placing in the fridge for 10 minutes
More Rice Krispie Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
- Minion Rice Krispies Treats
- Thanksgiving Rice Krispies Turkey Legs
- Frankenstein and His Bride Rice Krispies Treat Halloween Pops
Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie Pie Crust:
- 2 Tbsp Butter Salted
- 2 cups Marshmallows Mini
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 2 ½ cups Rice Krispies
Rice Krispie Pie Filling:
- 3 Tbsp Butter Salted
- ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ⅛ cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 cups Marshmallows Mini
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- Orange food coloring use enough to reach the desired color
Cinnamon Whipped Cream, optional
Rice Krispie Pie Crust:
- Make the rice Krispie “pie crust” first by melting the butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Then whisk in the maple syrup until combined. Add the mini marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Pour in the rice Krispie cereal and carefully fold in until completely coated.
- Scrape this mixture into the outside rim of a pie dish (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) and form a “crust” by pressing the rice Krispie mixture into it. Set this aside to cool down a bit while you make the filling.
Rice Krispie Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- To make the pie filling, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, whisk in the pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, and cinnamon. Once combined, add the mini marshmallows and stir until melted. Then add the orange food coloring until you reach the desired color.
- Finally, gently fold in the rice Krispies until completely coated.
- Evenly pour the filling mixture into the center of the pie dish and press firmly into the crust to meld the two rice Krispie layers together.
- Let the rice Krispie pie fully cool before slicing and serving. You can even pop it into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before cutting.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.