This hassle-free Rocky Road Ice Cream is filled with chopped almonds, mini marshmallows, and mini chocolate chips and can be ready in minutes.
No-Churn Rocky Road Ice Cream
Rocky Road is a combination of amazing flavors and is so good! This recipe is so simple and can be used every night of the week as a dessert. This ice cream recipe takes away the ice cream machine to make you a quick recipe in no time.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Heavy Cream: This is a great thickening agent and when used at room temperature it will give you a creamier consistency.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: This ingredient is all about getting that smooth and almost creamy texture that you love when it comes to ice cream.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla is used not only to add an aroma to the recipe but also to enhance the flavor as well for a sweeter and more delicious recipe.
Cocoa Powder: To get that chocolatey flavor you will be using cocoa powder because it blends easily into the batter and has a strong flavor.
Almonds: I love adding almonds for a crunchy flavor! You can use other nuts of your choice.
Mini Marshmallows: Adding mini marshmallows will add tiny spongey bits into the ice cream that add a nice and soft texture.
Mini Chocolate Chips: Mini Chocolate Chips will add more texture and more chocolate flavor.
Ice Cream Cones: I love putting my ice cream into a bowl or to serve in a cone.
How To Make Rocky Road Ice Cream
Step 1. Chill your loaf pan in the freezer while you prepare your ice cream. Add the heavy cream into a large mixing bowl and beat until stiff with peaks. Place the almonds, ½ tablespoons of chocolate chips, and 2 tablespoons of marshmallows aside and add the rest of the ingredients into the heavy cream.
Step 2. Take the loaf pan out of the freezer and add the ice cream. Put the ingredients you set aside on top of the prepared ice cream.
Step 3. Put the pan into the freezer to chill for 6-8 hours until set. To serve, add a few scoops of the ice cream into a bowl or a scoop into an ice cream cone. Enjoy!
What Does Rocky Road Ice Cream Taste Like?
Rocky Road is chocolatey ice cream with sweet and chewy marshmallows. The almonds bring a nutty flavor into the mix with the chocolate chips adding additional chocolate flavor.
How Long Does Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream Last?
Place the ice cream into an airtight container in the freezer for the best storage method. The recipe can last for about 2 weeks in the freezer.
More Ice Cream Recipes:
- No-Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Easy No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Marshmallow Ice Cream Cones
Rocky Road Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1 14 oz sweeten condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- ½ cup almonds divided, and 1 tablespoon sliced or chopped
- 2 cups mini marshmallows divided, and 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips divided, and ½ tablespoon
- Ice cream cones for serving
- Place your loaf pan into the freezer to chill.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the chilled heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Set aside the tablespoon of almonds, ½ tablespoon of chocolate chips, and 2 tablespoons of marshmallows. Add the remaining ingredients to the heavy cream and stir until just combined.
- Remove the chilled loaf pan from the freezer and pour the ice cream mixture into the loaf pan.
- Spread the reserved almonds, chocolate chips, and marshmallows over the top of the ice cream.
- Return the loaf pan back into the freezer for 6-8 hours until the ice cream is set. To serve, scoop in bowls or scoop into an ice cream cone, enjoy!