We all love some delicious Apple Cider for the Fall season. Well, how about we add the sweet taste of Apple Cider to a cake. This amazing Apple Cider Bundt Cake may become a favorite to share with your friends and family.
Apple Cider Bundt Cake
If you love the smell of apple cider in the fall, wait until you get a whiff of this apple cider bundt cake. It is so moist and delicious and it is so incredibly easy to make. Topped with a cinnamon sugar topping, this is a cake to remember.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Granny Smith Apples- Make sure they are peeled, cored, and chopped
- Spiced apple cider- This will give you that signature apple cider flavor.
- Milk-You can use whole or 2% milk.
- Flour- All purpose flour is best.
- Baking powder- This will help your cake rise in the oven.
- Baking soda- This will help with the doubling of your ingredients.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Ground nutmeg, Ground cloves, Ground cinnamon- These are all classic spices to use with apple flavored desserts
- Butter- Always use unsalted to control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Sugar- All good desserts need sugar
- Light brown sugar- Brown sugar gives a richer flavor.
- Eggs- This will help with the forming of your recipe.
- Canola Oil- You can use Canola oil or Vegetable oil.
- Vanilla extract- For best flavoring, always use pure vanilla.
How to Make an Apple Cider Bundt Cake
Evenly spray a 9 in bundt pan with Pan and set your oven to 350 degrees.
Over medium to high heat, stir together the chopped apples and the apple cider in a medium saucepan.
As the apple cider begins to boil, bring the heat to low and let the cider simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the apples get tender.
Take off the heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
Add into a food processor or blender and mix together until smooth.
Combine 1 C of the apple mixture with the ½ C of milk in a small bowl.
Get rid of the remaining apple mixture or use for a homemade applesauce.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon in a medium bowl until combined.
Beat together the butter, sugar and brown sugar in a separate larger bowl until light and fluffy.
One at a time, add in the eggs and combine, then add in the oil and mix well.
Slowly add in the flour and apple mixture, going back and forth between the two.
Add in the vanilla and combine.
Spoon the batter into the pan.
Put in the oven and for 35-45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean, bake in the oven.
Let cool for 15 minutes, then place on a wire rack.
Add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to a small bowl and then coat the cake with the mixture.
Slice and Dig in!
Can This be Made in Any Cake Pan?
This is a bundt cake and to be made in a different pan would change the doughnut shape. But, that doesn’t need to stop you from using a different pan. Doesn’t matter what pan you use, the cake will come out the same delicious and flavorful dessert.
How do You Create Apple Cider Flavor?
To make Apple Cider flavor is quite simple. The flavor is created from the apple cider in the recipe. It is also created by using apple inspired seasonings like cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping Tips:
You can adjust this to your liking. We include our ratio to what we prefer. However, you just can’t mess up on the topping with the amounts you choose to use. Grocery stores also sell premade cinnamon sugar. You can also leave out the nutmeg. Powdered sugar is also a nice alternative.
More Apple Cider Recipes
- The Best Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Wild Cherry Hard Cider
- Apple Fritter Bread Recipe
- Best Apple Whiskey Sour Recipe
Apple Cider Bundt Cake
Apple Cider Doughnut Cake Ingredients :
- 1 large Granny Smith apple peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 1/2 C Spiced apple cider
- 1/2 C Whole milk
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 C unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 C Canola Oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Apple Cider Doughnut Cake Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9in bundt pan with pam baking spray
- Using a medium saucepan over medium to high heat, stir together the chopped apples and the apple cider
- Once the apple cider starts to boil, bring the heat to low and allow the cider to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the apples become tender
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes
- Pour into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- Using a small bowl, combine 1 C of the apple mixture with the ½ C of milk
- Discard remaining apple mixture or enjoy as a homemade applesauce
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon until combined
- Using a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined
- Beat in the oil until combined
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture and apple mixture by alternating between the two
- Beat in the vanilla
- Scoop the batter into the bundt pan
- Place into the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before placing onto a wire rack
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Coat the bundt cake into the sugar mixture
- Cut and enjoy!