Whether you need a new breakfast idea or something to serve as an appetizer, these easy-to-make Sausage Rolls are so good and the perfect recipe for you. You get a blend of delicious flavors from the sausage, bacon, seasonings, egg, and breadcrumbs all rolled up in a flaky puff pastry.
Breakfast Sausage Bacon Rolls
This is a recipe that you will find in my household very often! They are so simple to make and come out with a perfectly fluffy, flaky, and golden brown look. The flavors are so savory and tasty that you won’t be able to get enough! I love serving these for breakfast or as an appetizer for game day, parties, picnics, and more.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Bacon: You will need this cooked and chopped to add to the pastry along with the breakfast sausage roll.
Seasonings: I like to use minced dried onion, parsley, and breadcrumbs for additional flavor.
Puff Pastry: This can be homemade or store-bought dough. If you buy it frozen, it will need to be thawed beforehand.
How To Make Sausage Rolls
Step 1. Add the cooked bacon, raw breakfast sausage, minced onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, and 1 egg into a large bowl and combine. Open the puff pastry and roll it out onto a piece of parchment paper lightly coated in flour. Slice the pastry into 4 portions. Separate the sausage mixture into 4 portions. Form 1 portion of the mixture into a log around the same length as the pastry and place it into the center. If needed, you can stretch out the pastry before pulling the edges over the sausage mixture and sealing it closed. Continue until all the portions have been used.
Step 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper before arranging the rolls seam-side down onto it. Set into the freezer for 30 minutes to chill. Set the oven to 400 degrees and prepare the egg wash while the rolls chill. In a bowl, combine the egg and 1 Tbsp of water. Take the rolls out of the freezer when they have been thoroughly chilled. Slice each roll into 6 pieces before arranging 1-inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can work in 2 batches if needed.
Step 3. Brush the prepared rolls with the egg wash. Place the rolls into the oven for 20-22 minutes at 400 degrees to bake or until light brown. Serve and enjoy!
How To Store & Reheat Sausage Rolls?
Place the leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method. You can keep these in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, you can place them in the air fryer, oven, or microwave. The temperature and time may vary depending on your appliance.
Tips & Tricks
If you prefer to use fresh minced onion, you can.
I like to have a kick sometimes, so I will use hot breakfast sausage instead.
You can have these made ahead of time by prepping, then placing in the freezer to chill. After they are frozen solid, place them in a Ziplock bag and keep in the freezer until you are ready to bake.
More Sausage Recipes:
- Sausage Stuffing Recipe
- Sausage Balls (Easy and Quick)
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole with Sausage
- Sausage Breakfast Muffins (4 ingredients)
- 3 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 16 oz. breakfast sausage roll
- 1 tsp onion minced dried
- 2 Tbsp parsley minced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs divided
- 1 14-oz. package puff pastry thawed if frozen
- 1 Tbsp water
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked crumbled bacon, raw breakfast sausage, minced onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, and 1 egg.
- Mix well until combined.
- Next, open up your puff pastry and lay it out on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper.
- Cut your puff pastry into 4 pieces.
- Divided the sausage mixture into 4 equal parts.
- Shape each quarter of the sausage mixture into a log roughly the length of a piece of puff pastry.
- Place the sausage onto the puff pastry and stretch it to the ends if need be.
- Pull the sides of the puff pastry over the sausage to seal.
- Repeat with the other 3.
- Place the sausage rolls seam-side down on a parchment-lined sheet and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and make your egg wash.
- Whisk together the remaining egg with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Once thoroughly chilled removed the sausage rolls from the freezer and cut each of the 4 rolls into 6 pieces.
- Place the sausage rolls about 1 inch apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet (might have to do in 2 batches).
- Brush each one with the egg wash.
- Bake the rolls at 400 for 20-22 minutes until golden brown.