The cold winter months are heading our way and this Melted Snowman Bark is sure to be a hit at any Holiday event. This is made with white chocolate almond bark, and golden Oreos, and decorated with gumdrops, Twizzlers, M&M’s, and cookie icing.
Snowman Oreo Bark
This is one of my favorite recipes to make during the holidays. They are so simple to make and are just the cutest little things! You pour rich white chocolate onto the Oreos which makes them look like melting snowman heads. You then get to decorate your bark with faces, earmuffs, and buttons! These will be a great party dessert or a lovely gift to share with the people you love.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
White Chocolate: I prefer using white almond bark for this recipe, but white melting chocolate will also work.
Oreos: I like Golden Oreos for this recipe because they are lighter in color.
Earmuffs: To make the earmuffs, you will need gumdrops, Twizzler pull, and peels.
Buttons: You can use mini M&M’s to make the buttons or just use the black and orange cookie icing for the face and buttons.
How To Make Melted Snowman Bark
Step 1. Add the almond bark to a large heat-safe bowl and melt in 30-second increments in the microwave until smooth. Use parchment paper to line a baking sheet and arrange 12 scoops of the melted chocolate about 2-inches apart. Top each puddle of chocolate with an Oreo and top the Oreo with more chocolate to fully cover it. Make sure to fill in all the spaces around the Oreo.
Step 2. Put half of a gumdrop on each side of the snowman heads before placing a Twizzlers pull and peel between them to make earmuffs. Place 3 M&M’s to make the buttons. Add the icing into a piping bag before making the eyes, nose, and mouth.
Step 3. Allow the bark to set on the counter or in the fridge for 10 minutes to harden faster. Once they are set, dip a sharp knife into hot water and dry before cutting around the faces. Serve and enjoy!
Variations For Melted Snowman Bark:
There are a few ways you can change up this recipe if needed. Down below is a few great options that I like to use every now and then:
- Instead of white almond bark or melting chocolate, you can use white chocolate chips, although they don’t melt as easily and aren’t that bright.
- Instead of making gumdrop earmuffs, you can switch them out for a mini Reese’s cup hat.
- I love golden Oreos, but any kind will work.
Tips & Tricks
- I prefer using store-bough cookie icing because it will harden quickly.
- Using a hot knife will make cutting the bark easy.
- Place any leftover bark into an airtight container for the best storage method.
- You can store these at room temperature for up to one week.
More Bark Recipes:
- Peppermint Bark Cookies
- Caramel Apple Bark
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn
- Easy Oreo Bark Recipe (Double Chocolate)
Melted Snowman Bark
- 1 lb. white almond bark or white melting chocolate
- 12 Oreos golden
- Gumdrops cut in half
- Twizzler pull and peels
- M&Ms Mini
- cookie icing Black and Orange
- In a large microwave-safe bowl melt your almond bark or melting chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth.
- On a tray or baking sheet lined with parchment paper place 12 dollops of white chocolate spaced apart where you want your snowman faces to be.
- Place an oreo on the top of each dollop of white chocolate.
- Next, spoon white chocolate over each oreo to cover it completely.
- Fill in all the spaces between and around the Oreos with the white chocolate.
- Next place a gumdrop half on the side of each of the snowman heads.
- Add a piece of Twizzlers pull and peel to connect the gumdrops to make ear muffs.
- Next add 3 mini M&M’s for the buttons.
- Next use the icing to pipe on the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Let the bark set either on the counter or if you want it to set quickly in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Next, I take a knife and dip it in hot water and dry it off to help me cut around the snowman faces, the warm knife makes this so much easier.