Winter brings the cold and chilly weather that makes us want to cuddle up with our favorite blanket and sit by a fire with some cozy hot cocoa. But, now when you think of winter, you will have this amazing Hot Chocolate Dip on your mind instead. This dessert dip is packed with marshmallow creme, cream cheese, hot cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
Hot Cocoa Dip
This recipe is so simple to make with only a short list of ingredients to make it. You can have this dip made in just 5 minutes and it comes out super creamy and smooth. But, don’t stop there! You can top this delicious dessert with things like marshmallow bits, peppermint candies, more hot cocoa mix, or more chocolate chips. This is an addicting recipe that everyone in your house will enjoy!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Cream Cheese: You will combine this with the butter and marshmallow creme to make a thick and creamy consistency.
Hot Chocolate Mix: You can buy Hershey’s brand for the best quality or make your own homemade mix
Add-Ins: I love adding mini marshmallows and semi-sweet chocolate chips into the dip as well as extra to add on top.
How To Make Hot Chocolate Dip
Step 1. Add the cream cheese and butter into a medium-sized mixing bowl and combine using a hand mixer or a fork, but it will take longer to mix. Add in the marshmallow creme, hot chocolate mix, and sugar into the mixture and combine until smooth. Pour in the vanilla and combine again. Add in the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips and fold to combine.
Step 2. Put the prepared mixture into a serving dish and top with additional marshmallows, chocolate chips, crushed peppermint, crushed candy cane, or hot cocoa mix. Place in the fridge until you are ready to eat. Serve and enjoy!
What To Serve With Hot Chocolate Dip?
You can serve this recipe with all sorts of wonderful dippers! Here are just a few great choices I love enjoying with this recipe:
- Vanilla Wafers
- Graham Crackers
- Regular or Golden Oreos
- Large marshmallows
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Frosted Animal Crackers
Tips & Tricks
- I prefer preparing and serving this recipe the same day for the best results, although you can make it ahead of time.
- Place leftovers or make the dish in an airtight container for the best storage method.
- This recipe will keep for up to 3-5 days in the fridge, but the marshmallow ingredients will become rather sticky.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes:
- Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Boozy Frozen Hot Chocolate
Hot Chocolate Dip
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted, softened
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1/3 cup hot chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup sugar confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows mini, + extra for garnishing
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips mini, + extra for garnishing
- Marshmallow bits peppermint, hot chocolate mix, chocolate chips, marshmallows
- Graham crackers vanilla wafers, Oreos, Golden Oreos, large marshmallows
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together with a hand mixer (you can use a fork but it may take a few minutes to combine).
- Stir in marshmallow creme, hot chocolate mix, and confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Transfer dip into a serving bowl and garnish with extra marshmallows, chocolate chips, crushed peppermint, crushed candy cane, or hot chocolate mix.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.