Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies are a delicious, quick and easy dessert. The first time I made them it took me less than 30 minutes from start to finish! They’re perfect for those days when you want something sweet but don’t have a lot of time or energy to make anything.
Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies
The taste and texture of snickerdoodle anything are almost guaranteed to be delicious! Not only are these cookies for sure going to hit the spot, but they are also made with a cake mix which is going to make the baking and prepping a whole lot easier. This is a spin off of our popular traditional snickerdoodle cookies.
- Cake Mix– You will need yellow cake mix for this recipe.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Vegetable Oil– You can use canola oil as a substitute.
- Cinnamon– This will be used for additional flavoring.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Sugar– This sugar is always used in the best desserts.
How to Make Snickerdoodle Cookies with Cake Mix
To start, add the cake mix, eggs, oil, 2 tsp of cinnamon, and vanilla into a large bowl and combine, then place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Secondly, take the chilled dough out of the fridge.
Thirdly, set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line a baking tray.
Next, add 2 tsp of cinnamon and the sugar into a small bowl and combine.
In addition, spoon the dough into your hands to make 1-inch balls, then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat.
Furthermore, arrange the dough balls onto the prepared pan 2-inches apart. You can use a flat-bottom glass to gently press the dough balls down to create rounder cookies if desired.
To finish, bake the cookies in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Make sure not to overbake.
Finally, take out of the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the pan slightly.
Serve warm and Enjoy!
What flavor is snickerdoodle?
Snickerdoodles are the perfect blend of texture and flavor. These cookies are a combination of vanilla and cinnamon sugar. The snickerdoodles are sweet and tasty with a soft and chewy consistency.
How to Store?
Storing these cookies is easy to do. The best storage method for these cookies is to place them into an air-tight container. You can choose to place the recipe in the fridge or freezer or leave them out at room temperature to enjoy.
More Snickerdoodle Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles
- Valentine Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Snickerdoodles
- Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Maple Snickerdoodles
Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix well. Set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- When the dough has chilled, remove it from the refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and the sugar. Set aside.
- Scoop out dough and roll into 1-inch balls. Drop them into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat evenly. Set on the lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. If you want, you can lightly press down on the tops of the dough with the bottom of a glass. If you want more rounded cookies, you can skip that part.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Do not overbake.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the cookies cool on a baking sheet. Serve warm.