The Best Snickerdoodle Recipe
I have the best recipe for Snickerdoodle Recipe. They’re soft and chewy, with a hint of cinnamon and sugar on top. And they’ll be ready to eat in just 30 minutes! You can make them tonight or tomorrow morning before work – it doesn’t matter when because these are always delicious.
Easy Snickerdoodle Cookies
Make your family happy by baking up a batch of these amazing snickerdoodles today! With this easy-to-follow recipe, you won’t need any fancy ingredients or equipment – just good old fashioned elbow grease (and maybe some vanilla ice cream). It’s so simple that even kids can help out too! Get started now so everyone can enjoy fresh homemade cookies tonight. There are so many ways to add variations to snickerdoodle cookies. You can make them Chocolate Snickerdoodles or even Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles.
Can I Prep These Cookies in Advance?
Absolutely! The dough tastes just as good stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can freeze it for up to a month, or until you need it. The snickerdoodle dough will taste best if you let it thaw overnight though.
Once the cookies are baked, snickerdoodle cookies will last for about a week when stored at room temperature. You can also store the cookies in the refrigerator. The cookies will last for about 2 weeks.
What Your Need to Make Homemade Snickerdoodle Cookies
Here is everything you’ll need to make these incredible snickerdoodle cookies. Check down below the complete recipe card with amounts and full recipe instructions.
- Dry ingredients– Flour, Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda. These ingredients combine to make the base of the cookies
- Salt- Salt brings out the flavor of the cookies.
- Wet Ingredients– Sugar, Butter, Eggs- These ingredients come together after being creamed well.
- Ground Cinnamon– This is the key flavor in the cookies.
What is Cream of Tartar?
This is an acid that balances out the baking soda in this recipe. It can be found near baking powder of all spices. When making snickerdoodles, you do not want to skip the cream fo tartar. if you do, the cookies will not develop properly.
How to Make Snickerdoodles?
Step 1- Preheat.
Set the oven to 400 degrees and use silicone or parchment paper to line 2 sheet pans.
Step 2- Adding dry ingredients.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cream f tartar, baking soda, and salt.
Step 3- Adding wet ingredients.
Add the sugar and butter into the mixture along with the eggs and beat to combine.
Step 4- Combining wet and dry ingredients.
Combine the dry and wet ingredients slowly.
Step 5- Making sugar/cinnamon mixture.
Add 1/4 cup of sugar into a shallow bowl with cinnamon.
Step 6- Form the cookies.
Form the dough into 1-inch balls and coat in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
Step 7- Baking the cookies
Arrange the cookie dough onto the prepared sheets and place it into the oven for 8-10 minutes or until firm.
Do I Have to Chill the Cookie Dough?
Some recipes call for chilling the dough. My recipe does not. Chilling the dough prevents the cookies from spreading too much when you are baking them. If you find that your cookies are spreading more than you like, you can refrigerate the snickerdoodle dough first.
Tips for Making the Best Snickerdoodle Cookies
Brown the butter – This step is optional, but browning the butter adds a lot of flavor.
Adding cinnamon to the sugar coating- You can add some additional ground cinnamon to either the wet or dry ingredients while mixing it. Adding some extra cinnamon will help give these cookies an even better flavor than they already have!
Cook them Slowly- Make sure your oven is on the right temp, and that you are cooking these cookies for at least 8 minutes to get that perfect snickerdoodle texture.
More Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipes:
- Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies
- Valentine Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Maple Snickerdoodles – Soft and Chewy
- Eggnog Snickerdoodles
The Best Snickerdoodle Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/4 cups Granulated Sugar Divided
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two sheet pans with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt to a medium bowl, and mix until blended.
- Cream together 2 cups sugar and the butter. Mix in the eggs.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- In a shallow bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls and roll in cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Place several inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies firm up.