Snickerdoodle Crazy Cake is a yummy take on those depression cakes everyone loves. What makes it so crazy? It has no eggs, milk or butter!
We’ve made quite a few crazy cakes over the years and they are all so delicious. This snickerdoodle version is our newest recipe.
Snickerdoodle Crazy Cake
The flavors of snickerdoodle are cinnamon and sugar which is such a great pairing. Did you know they are called snickerdoodles from the German word Schneckennudeln, which means snail dumpling? I have no idea how they made that connection to a cookie but it’s fun to know the history.
Crazy Cakes which are also called Depression Cakes started during World War II since things like eggs, milk and butter were hard to come by.
Here Is What You’ll Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Cream of Tartar
- Canola Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
How To Make A Snickerdoodle Crazy Cake
- Mix. Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then pour into your greased pan.
- Make wells. Make three little “holes” in the mixture that you can pour your wet ingredients into.
- Add the wet ingredients. Each well will gets one of the wet ingredients. One for vanilla, one for ACV and one for oil. Add water at the end and mix until combined.
- Bake. For roughly 35-40 minutes then let it cool. Add some cinnamon and sugar on top and enjoy.
Making this is super easy and since it only uses pantry staples you probably already have all of the ingredients handy right now.
This dessert is moist and fluffy and pairs perfectly with a big glass of milk or a cup of coffee.
More Great Recipes To Try
Snickerdoodle Crazy Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x9 baking pan with baking spray
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar and kosher salt
- Make 3 depressions into the dry ingredients, 1 large and 2 small
- Add the Apple Cider Vinegar into one of the small depressions
- Add the vanilla into the other small depression
- Add the Canola oil into the big depression
- Pour the 1 C of water off the dry and wet ingredients and mix until combined
- Pour the batter into the baking pan
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- While the cake is baking, mix together the cinnamon and sugar topping
- Once the cake comes out of the oven, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top
- Cut and enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.