Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes
Peanut butter Banana Cupcakes are a twist on the typical banana and peanut butter. With a peanut butter cupcake and banana frosting, this cupcake is absolutely amazing. Enjoy a well loved flavor combination in one delicious dessert.
Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes
- French vanilla cake mix – Using a cake mix is a good way to save time.
- Unsalted butter – Always use unsalted butter so you can control the salt in the recipe.
- Whole milk- 2% milk will work too.
- Eggs- Use room temperature eggs work best.
- Creamy peanut butter- You want to use creamy peanut butter.
- Powdered sugar- Powdered sugar is the best sugar for frosting
- Banana-The bananas should be over ripe for the best flavor.
- Vanilla extract- Always use pure vanilla for the best taste
- Banana extract- Banana extract gives a bigger banana punch.
- Heavy whipping cream- Whipping cream helps to get the right consistency.
- Mini Nutter Butter cookies- The cookies are used as a decoration on top of the cupcakes.
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes
Combine the cake ingredients, except the peanut butter, and beat it together well.
Then beat in the peanut butter.
Add the batter into a cupcake pan with liners.
Bake for 21 minutes and then let cool for 10 minutes.
Beat the frosting ingredients together until it starts to form stiff peaks.
Place the frosting in a piping bag.
Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes and then sprinkle the top with crushed cookies.
Add a small cookie in the center of the cupcakes.
Can I Turn This Into a Banana Cake Instead?
You can turn this into a peanut butter cake topped with banana frosting. You will use a 9*13 cake pan instead of cupcakes. Follow the bake time on the cake mix box to make this as a cake.
Does This Use Peanut Butter Frosting?
This cake is a peanut butter cake with a banana frosting instead of making this as a banana cake with peanut butter frosting. I love that this cake is a twist on what most people think.
More Cupcake Recipes
- Pancake and Maple Bacon Cupcakes
- Strawberry Crush Cupcakes
- Churro Cupcakes Recipe
- Easy Snickers Cupcakes
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes Recipe
Ingredients to make Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 unsalted butter softened
- 1 C whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
Banana frosting ingredients
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C mashed banana's
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp banana extract
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 large bag of mini nutterbutter cookies
Directions to make Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, milk and eggs
- Once combined, add in the peanut butter and mix until fully combined
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes
Directions to make Banana frosting
- Using a standing mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Continue to beat until stiff peaks form
- Once done, scoop into the piping bag
- Place a few nutterbutter cookies into the ziplock bag and crush using a rolling pin
- Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes
- Sprinkle crushed cookies on top of the frosting
- Place a cookie into the center of the frosting