We are sharing our super easy Spider-Man Cookie Cake today along with our amazing trip to Universal Orlando for the Family Forward 2016 event! We had the best time and can not wait to go back!
We had our first trip to Universal Orlando a few years ago and my boys have been begging to go back ever since we left. We were so excited that we were going to not only go back, but also be a part of the Family Forward event! This is a 3-day family retreat organized by Mom It Forward for 100 social media influencers AND their families focused on helping families connect in the digital age.
Spider-Man Cookie Cake
Our trip inspired us to create this fun Spider Man Cookie Cake and this is SO easy to make! Your little Spider Man fans will love it…great party idea!
Spider-Man Cookie Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- white fondant
- black decorating icing
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 4 cups powder sugar (sifted)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- red food coloring
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Gradually add flour, salt, and baking soda, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a 14 inch round pizza pan with parchment paper. Spread dough, evenly, over the parchment paper in the shape of Spiderman’s head like this…
- Bake at 375° for 17 minutes.
- Cool the giant cookie in the pan on a cooling rack.
- Mix your softened butter with a mixer.
- Add your powder sugar, vanilla, and milk rotating in small amounts until well blended.
- Then add in your red food coloring to your desired color.
- Spread the red frosting on top of the giant cookie.
- Roll out your white fondant and cut out 2 eyes using a knife. Place the eyes on top of the frosting. Then line the eyes with your black decorating icing and make your web…
Here is a close up of the eyes…
Now for a peek at our Universal Family Forward trip! I was so excited to finally meet Amy from Living Locurto and we just loved hanging out with her family. We also had a blast on the new Skull Island Reign of Kong ride…SO fun!!
There are so many fun rides and shows! Make sure to check out the Blue Man Group show…it’s awesome!!
We also got to see all of our favorite Characters and Super Heroes. We even had breakfast with Minions…you can’t beat that!
We got to visit Cabana Bay where they have amazing pools including a lazy river! My boys had so much fun at this place. We also loved the retro look to this hotel…
One of the biggest highlights of our trip was visiting the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium…
If you go to Universal this place is a must to check out. Your family will have a blast…such a fun atmosphere!
There Desserts are AMAZING…just take a look at these Milkshakes!
You can see the excitement on my 6 year old’s face…these were excellent! I had to try them all, but my Red Velvet Milkshake was my personal favorite.
There food is also fantastic. We were tasting everyone’s dishes and all of them were SO good!! My boys are convinced that this is the best restaurant on this earth…
We were on this trip on the weekend of hurricane Hermine. There were some tornado threats so we got locked into the Spider-Man ride for safety. My boys were thrilled!ha We got to ride over and over again and had so much fun!
Another highlight was hanging out with this Velociraptor. He was so sweet and then my boys did something to tick him off!
My youngest always loves Seuss Landing (actually all of us love hanging out here as well). Such a fun and colorful place to be…we love Dr. Seuss!!
We headed out one night when it was raining buckets, but we still had a blast!
We had dinner at Antojitos and the food is amazingly good! Make sure you order the Esquites Asados for as appetizer!
We stayed at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort and absolutely loved this hotel!
Awesome food, pool, rooms, activities for kids, and staff!!
We would like to thank Family Forward for hosting this amazing event and Universal Orlando for one of the best vacations my family has ever had. We made awesome memories and can’t wait to go back!!
If you like our fun Spider-Man Cookie Cake make sure to check out some of our other fun Super Hero ideas here…