Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake is quite honestly the best dessert ever made. It’s got layers of fresh strawberry cake, no-bake white chocolate cheesecake with fresh strawberries and a wafer cookie crumble topping the homemade vanilla frosting.
I adore strawberry desserts. When you’re in the mood for a delicious treat but looking for something other than chocolate, strawberry is always there for you. I love including fresh strawberries in these desserts because the flavor is so fresh and delicious.
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
Do you see those beautiful layers? My mouth starts drooling every time I see this cake. If you take a look, you’ll see the strawberry cake layer, icing, graham cracker crust, cheesecake, then another layer of strawberry cake and finally, frosting and crumble.
Yes, it’s a recipe that does take a bit more time than others, but boy is it worth it in the end and truthfully, it’s not difficult. You will also want to check out our completely No-Bake Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake recipe if you are looking to save some time. However, this layered cake/cheeescake version is definitely worth a little extra effort.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Ok, this is the full list with ingredients for all the layers. Go ahead and grab everything you need for each layer and let’s get baking.
- Graham Crackers. You can buy the boxed graham cracker crumbs to save you a step.
- Cool Whip.
- White Chocolate Chips. This adds a great chocolate flavor to the cheesecake.
- Strawberries. Fresh, not frozen.
- Strawberry Cake Mix. Any brand you’d like.
- Cake mix ingredients: water, oil, eggs.
- Cream Cheese. You’ll need this for both the cheesecake and the frosting.
- Powdered Sugar.
- Vanilla. Real vanilla extract tastes much better than imitation.
- Wafer Cookies. The flavor of these cookies doesn’t matter, just as long as the color is white.
- Food coloring. Red for the crumble topping.
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake Recipe
Here is the basic layout for the strawberry shortcake cheesecake. Below in the recipe card you will find the exact amounts and directions.
- Cheesecake crust. Let it set in the fridge while making the cheesecake.
- Make cheesecake. Pour over the crust and add chopped strawberries. Put it back in the fridge.
- Bake cake. Following the boxed cake instructions, bake your cake in two round cake pans and let cool.
- Frosting. Beat together the ingredients for frosting and set aside.
- Crumble. Mix the extra cake and crumbled cookies together with food coloring.
- Assemble. Layer the cakes with frosting and top it off with whole strawberries.
How To Store Your Cake
Since we have cream cheese in the frosting, this is a cake you’ll want to keep in the fridge. Keep it covered and enjoy within 4-5 days.
What To Serve With It
This cake needs nothing else with it because it is absolutely delicious all by itself. However, I can’t help but note how tasty it is with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
More Recipes To Try
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 2 packages graham crackers-about 18-20 full crackers
- ½ cup butter
- 8 oz. tub cool whip
- 1 cup white chips
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix
- Oil eggs, water needed to prepare cake mix
Directions for Cheesecake:
- Using a food processor, or a large ziploc bag, crush the graham crackers until they are a fine crumble.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add in melted butter and combine.
- Pour into a lined springform pan.
- Place the crust into the refrigerator so it can start to set while you prepare the filling.
- For the filling, add cream cheese, with the cool whip and beat until creamy. It will be thick and fluffy.
- Melt the white chips for about one minute, and quickly beat in the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Pour the filling over the prepared crust and then top with chopped strawberries.
- Return to the refrigerator so it has time to set while you prepare the cake.
Directions for Cake:
- Prepare as directed on the package, and evenly divide mix into two cake pans. Bake as directed.
- Allow to cool and remove from pans.
- Before assembling with the cheesecake, using a long sharp knife, trip the tops of the cakes, and reserve for the crumble.
Directions for Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting:
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Beat together until smooth and creamy. (You will use white frosting for the inside of the cake, and then add food coloring to make a pink outer frosting, unless you want it all pink or all white.)
Directions for Crumble:
- Gently crumble the entire package of wafers into small pieces.
- Crumble the reserved cake tops, and divide into two bowls.
- Add one or two drops of red food coloring to one bowl of crumbled cake, and stir until well mixed.
- Combine all three bowls into one large bowl, set aside.
- Place one cake on a stand or plate and lightly frost the top.
- Use a flat knife to slide between the cheesecake and the springform pan to remove the pan.
- Gently lift cheesecake out and remove the paper liner from the crust. Place on top of the frosted cake.
- Add the second cake to the top of the cheesecake.
- Reserve a cup of frosting and set aside.
- Add a few drops of food color to the remaining frosting, so that it is a light pink color.
- Frost the entire outer cake.
- Press the crumble into the frosting.
- Use reserved white frosting to create swirls on top of the cake.
- You can also do dollops of frosting or whipping cream.
- Place a strawberry into each swirl before slicing.
- Keep refrigerated.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.