This strawberry swirl fudge is a quick and delicious treat for Valentine’s Day. It’s just as pretty as it is yummy!
Fudge is one of my favorite desserts to make because it’s super easy and can be made so many ways. You can transform the basic ingredients of this treat from Cake Batter Fudge to Gingerbread Fudge. The possibilities really are endless.
Strawberry Swirl Fudge
The main flavor of this of course is strawberry, and the white mixed throughout is marshmallow and vanilla. This makes a for a really creamy fudge. It’s quickly become one of my most favorite kinds to make.
A quick note: this won’t actually turn pink unless you add in the food coloring. If you don’t, that’s no problem, it will taste great, but will just not be colored.
Tips for Making Fudge
Make sure when you are making strawberry swirl fudge that you aren’t just using any kind of butter, but that you’re using sweet cream butter. You also always want to make sure it’s had time to soften.
Also, always use wax or parchment paper to line the dish you are using. You only need to line the bottom, not the sides of the pan.
To cut your fudge, after it has cooled, place the fudge onto a cutting board and use a pizza cutter to make even lines. This is my favorite way to cut fudge quickly! Make sure to wipe off any excess fudge off the tool before using it for a new cut.
Strawberry Swirl Fudge
- 2 tsp strawberry extract
- 1 tsp red gel food coloring
- 3 C sugar
- 3/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 2/3 C half and half
- 1-12 oz bag of white chocolate chips
- 1-7 oz mallow creme
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the red food coloring and strawberry extract and whisk until combined
- Line a 9 inch baking dish with parchment paper, set aside
- Using a 3 quart sauce pan, combine the sugar, butter and half and half into the sauce pan over medium heat
- Once the mixture is boiling, stir consistently and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes
- Remove from heat, add the chocolate chips and cover the pot.
- Allow to sit for 2 minutes
- Whisk until smooth
- Mix in the mallow creme and vanilla extract until smooth
- Pour half of the fudge into the baking dish
- Mix in the red gel mixture into the remaining half of the fudge
- Drop dollops of the strawberry fudge onto the white fudge and swirl with a butterknife
- Allow to cool completely overnight before cutting into 1inch squares