Watermelon Fudge is a fun summer treat to make with chocolate and real watermelon flavor. The mini chocolate chips on top look just like seeds!
Because watermelon is such a summer staple, we’ve made quite a few fun recipes like a this Watermelon Cake that really looks just like one.
There is certainly watermelon flavoring here, but no actual fruit. We’re using chocolate, food coloring and concentrate to make this look and taste like watermelon.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Butter. You need one whole stick. Pull it out of the fridge early so it has time to soften.
- Vanilla. Real vanilla, not substitute, is always the best tasting.
- Flour. Make sure to follow the instruction to heat the flour. It isn’t safe to eat raw flour without heating it first.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Mini Chocolate Chips.
- Watermelon Flavor. Usually this isn’t found in the baking section, but in the cake decorating section where you find tools and fondant etc. It will look something like this depending on the brand you get.
- Food coloring. You will need green and a hot pink.
How To Make Watermelon Flavored Fudge
- Mix. Mix the butter, sugar and watermelon flavor until it’s smooth.
- Heat. In the microwave, heat the flour for about a minute and a half making sure it’s hot.
- Combine. Stir the flour and salt into the into the butter mixture.
- Melt. Heat the white chocolate until it starts to melt (careful not to overcook). Stir in the condensed milk.
- Add. Mix in the chocolate to the other batter until it’s completely blended.
- Color. Take 1/4 of the batter out and color it green. Color the rest red/pink.
- Cool. In a square, lined pan, pour the green fudge in first and press down. Let it cool for 15 minutes. Then, add the red and the chocolate chips. Let it cool for a couple of hours before cutting.
More Fudge Recipes To Try
- 1 stick of butter - softened
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1 can of Eagle-brand sweetened condensed milk - 14 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups of White Chocolate - melted
- 1 drop watermelon flavoring
- 3 drops of hot pink gel color
- 3 drops of green gel color
- Spray a 9 inch square pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Mix the butter, sugar and watermelon flavoring until smooth.
- Place the flour in a microwave safe bowl and microwave the flour until it's hot; about 1.5 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt to the mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave at 10 second intervals, stirring between, until melted.
- Add the Eagle-brand milk to the melted white chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Add the White Chocolate mixture to the mixing bowl and mix on low until completely blended.
- Divide 1/4 of the fudge into one bowl and the remaining fudge into another bowl.
- Color the small batch green and the larger batch pink.
- Pour the green fudge into a pan and press evenly into the pan with a spatula, or the back of a large spoon.
- Let sit in fridge for 15 minutes, then pour the hot pink fudge on top and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until the fudge is firm and set.
- Cut fudge into 1 to 2 inch squares and place on a plate or platter to serve.