Do you love broccoli salad? This is a great dish to bring to potlucks, family gatherings, and cookouts. It’s delicious as a side dish or on its own. You can also make it ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Broccoli Salad Recipe
Whether you have had Broccoli Salad or not, this recipe is perfect for the first time trying it. This Broccoli Salad is so delicious and simple to make. You can enjoy this Broccoli salad for any occasion, for you to enjoy at home, or to serve to guests. Most salads can be refreshing and tasty too, so if you want more recipes to try, then this BLT Pasta Salad Recipe or this Chicken Salad with Grapes are another set of great options.
- Broccoli– You will need to use broccoli florets.
- Onion– You will need to dice some red onions.
- Cranberries– You will be using dried cranberries.
- Seeds– Sunflower seeds will be giving a great texture.
- Bacon– You will need bacon bits for this recipe.
- Mayonaise– This will add a creamy consistency to the salad.
- Vinegar– You will need apple cider vinegar.
- Sugar– This will be used to add a sweet flavor to the salad.
- Salt– This will be used to bring out the flavors.
- Pepper– This will be used for taste.
How to Make Broccoli Salad
To start, at all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine.
Next, add all of the dressing ingredients into a smaller bowl, and combined. Then, pour on top of the broccoli salad ingredients.
Finally, you will toss gently to evenly distribute the dressing.
Serve and enjoy with your choice of onion sunflower seeds, cranberries, and bacon bits as a garnish, if desired.
How Long Does Broccoli Salad Last?
You will first want to store the recipe properly by placing it in an air-tight container. You will need to keep it chilled in the fridge, This recipe can last up to several days if stored correctly.
Variation to This Salad?
There is a wide variety of Broccoli Salad out there. You can make recipes like this which are simple and easy. You can also add meats, veggies, and even fruits.
More Salad Recipes:
- Cranberry-Walnut Chicken Salad
- Loaded Broccoli Salad with Cauliflower
- Creamy Grape Salad
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
- Easy Watergate Salad
Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 8 cups raw broccoli florets cut into small and even pieces
- ½ cup diced red onions
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup bacon bits
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients and toss until evenly distributed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the broccoli mixture.
- Toss lightly until the broccoli is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately, garnished with extra onions, sunflower seeds, cranberries, and bacon bits if desired.