So excited to share this Cajun Lime Chicken Avocado Salad. The tangy cilantro lime dressing will knock your socks off.
Summer always has me wanting to make salads. You, too? I know Snickers Apple Salad and Cherry Fluff Salad are neither actual salads or in any way healthy. But, when the weather is hot, I don’t care. A little something chilled and sweet is too good to pass up.
Cajun Chicken Avocado Salad
The name of this recipe leaves nothing to the imagination, does it? LOL! It’s not like you’re going to find raisins and pork chops in it.
Here are the spices you’ll need, so if you don’t have them on hand, better grab some.
Red Pepper Flakes
English Cucumbers vs. Regular Cucumbers
The actual salad part of the recipe requires an English cucumber. If you’re not familiar at how English cucumbers differ from regular cucumbers, it’s easy to see the difference in the store.
They are quite a bit longer and skinnier than other cucumbers. They have smooth, green skin and are (almost) always wrapped in plastic in the grocery store. Don’t bother peeling them because they taste great with the peeling on as they are sweeter than other cukes. No bitterness when you get one that’s ripe.
Prepping the Chicken
Cajun Lime Chicken Avocado Corn Salad (that’s a mouth full) calls for the boneless, skinless chicken to be sliced thin. After you combine the spices and olive oil in a bowl, coat the chicken pieces really well before putting them in the pan to cook.
What Is Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
It simply means the oil was made by pressing the olives. There are no chemicals and no industrial processing. To put it another way, extra virgin olive oil is really olive juice. Sure, it’s expensive since a lot of work goes into making this oil. But, once you’ve had both, you’ll taste the difference.
This kind of oil has a two-year shelf life.
Cajun Lime Chicken Avocado Corn Salad
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast boneless, skinless, and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 lime juiced
Cilantro Lime Juice Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 english cucumber halved and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 ear of corn cooked
- 1 avocado diced
- Heat a nonstick griddle pan over medium heat and coat with olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all seasonings and olive oil. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Add seasoned chicken breast and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, flipping once in between. Remove from pan to a plate and allow to cool.
Cilantro Lime Juice Dressing:
- Mix together all ingredients for the dressing into a small mixing bowl and whisked until combined.
- Cut cooled chicken into small cubes and toss in a large bowl with salad ingredients. Drizzle dressing over the top and toss to coat evenly.