100+ Things to Throw Away Today!
Here is a list of 100 Things to Throw Away (or donate). This is always a good time of year to get organized and declutter. I have a hard time keeping organized at times. However, I can not stand living in or working around clutter. It feels so good to get rid of things even if it is one time a year!
This printable Declutter Workbook has helped me so much!
This list is a great guide to help you and myself get rid of things that aren’t needed. I will be tackling this list myself and look forward to a less-cluttered house at the end of it.
100+ Things to Throw Away Today
1. Bills, taxes, paperwork over 7 years old
2. Extra hangers
3. Expired coupons
4. Expired make up
5. Unused Mugs
7. Old product boxes
8. Outdated spices
9. Old underwear
10. Extra folders, binders, labels, etc.
11. Socks with holes or without mates
12. Old dog toys
13. Old books
14. Ragged cleaning rags
15. Old toys that your kids have outgrown.
16. Games with missing pieces
17. Old towels
18. Old take out menus
19. Outdated computer software
20. Outdated over the counter drugs and vitamins
21. Old shoes
22. Expired food in your fridge/freezer
23. Extra sets of bed linens (you only need 2 sets per bed)
24. Old shopping bags
25. Used coloring books
26. Unused plastic containers (including those without a lid)
27. Old nail polish
28. Video games your kids do not play with or have outgrown.
29. Paychecks older than 2 years
30. Jewelry you don’t wear
31. Pens and pencils (only keep one box)
32. Old party supplies
33. Unused perfumes and cologne
34. Plates, cups, etc…that your kids have outgrown.
35. Kids clothing they have outgrown.
36. Old cookbooks that you do not use
37. Misc. old sewing supplies
38. Old instruction manuals (find them online)
39. Old puzzles
40. Old luggage
41. Old and broken Christmas ornaments
42. Unused lawn and garden pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers
43. Expired medication
44. Dried up markers
45. Old Candles
46. Multiple measuring cups and spoons
47. Clothes that are too small, too big, or that you haven’t worn in a long time.
48. Unused hair accessories
49. Broken tools
50. Unloved stuffed animals
51. Old keys
52. Old travel sized shampoo and conditioner bottles
53. Old planners (and current ones if you don’t use them)
54. Old random cords
55. Unworn hats
56. Random batteries
58. Old craft supplies
59. Old Christmas cards of your family (save a few)
60. Holiday decor that you always forget to display
61. Hair products you don’t use
62. Serving dishes that you have never used.
63. Old flower pots.
64. Old magnets
65. Junk mail
66. Old textbooks
67. Old calendars
68. Duplicate kitchen utensils
69. Movies (that you will never watch again)
70. Old hard candy
71. Multiple pair of scissors
72. Old catalogs
73. Expired canned food
74. Old cell phones.
75. Duplicate photos.
76. Old school papers.
77. Unused baking supplies (cupcake liners, etc..)
78. Travel souvenirs (just keep 1 from each place)
79. Expired paint
80. Bikes the Kids have outgrown
81. Replace travel bottles
82. Outdated vitamins
83. Old baseball cards
84. Unused and old purses
85. Papers you have backed up on the computer
86. Used ink cartridges (recycle them)
87. Ticket stubs
88. Old air fresheners
89. Old bags
90. Expired food in your pantry
91. Calculators (most phones already have calculators)
92. Exercise equipment that you don’t use
93. Scratched non-stick pots and pans
94. Stockings with runs
95. Old gift cards
96. Single gloves
97. Breadmaker (seriously…when is the last time you made bread)
98. Remote controls (that don’t control anything that you own)
99. Unused blankets
100. VHS movies
101. Promotion gear with ugly logos
Remember a lot of this you can donate as well. If you are having trouble parting ways with an item. Consider taking a picture of it and throwing it away. This way you can keep the memory alive and save some space. Don’t be afraid to let go…you can do this!!
Make sure to check out a few of our other awesome round ups here…