Cookies are a great dessert or snack to have throughout the day or for any occasion. And, If you want to try a new treat with your morning coffee or any other time of day, then this Toffee Cookie Bars Recipe is just for you. Perfect to share with friends and family.
Toffee Cookie Bars
This Toffee Cookie Bars recipe is so delicious. A wonderful flavor and texture, a sweet and caramelized flavor with a moist and chewy texture. This recipe is super easy to follow along with and only takes a few ingredients to put together, you will have them baked in no time. Be sure to save this one.
I don’t know about you, but there is just something so perfect about chocolate and toffee when it’s paired together. Maybe it’s because they are both creamy and compliment each other so nicely? Or maybe it’s just because the flavors work well together? Whatever the reason is, any time these two ingredients are together in a recipe, it turns out fantastic! If you are looking for additional recipes that have both chocolate and toffee together, you are in luck! I have a few that I think you might really enjoy like my Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies or my Graham Cracker Toffee.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Butter- You will need unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness to your dessert.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Egg– You will need to have your eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Baking soda- This will allow your bars to rise in the oven.
- Baking powder- This will allow your ingredients to double in size.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Espresso Chips- These will be sprinkled on the top of your bars.
- Chocolate Chips- These will need to be semi-sweet for this recipe.
- Toffee- You will need the Heath Bits O’ Brickle, English Toffee Baking Bits.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will help with the consistency of your ganache.
How to Make Toffee Cookie Bars
- Set the oven to 375 and use parchment paper to line a 9×13 inch dish.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, and vanilla to a standing mixer and cream together until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and whisk until combine.
- Use a measuring cup to measure out 3/4 C of espresso chips, 3/4 C of semi-sweet chocolate chips, and 3/4 C of the toffee baking bits and fold each of them in one at a time.
- Add the dough to the prepared baking dish and press into the bottom of the pan.
- Use the rest of the espresso chips, chocolate chips, and toffee bits, and sprinkle on top of the dough.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- Take the bars out and set them aside to cool thoroughly before slicing into bars.
- Add the heavy cream into a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl and pour the cream over the top.
- Let it rest for a couple of minutes before using a whisk to combine until smooth.
- Add the ganache to a piping bag and use scissors to cut the end off.
- Drizzle the ganache over the finished bars.
- Let the ganache harden for about 30 minutes before serving!
What is Toffee Flavor?
Toffee flavor is absolutely delicious and is perfect for this Toffee Cookie Bar recipe because the combination goes together very well. Toffee is basically caramelized sugar. This sugar is mixed with butter or sometimes flour. You can also use molasses when making it.
Can These Be Made as Cookies Instead?
It is possible to turn a certain recipe from one thing to another. However, when doing this you will have to fit the measurements and times to that of a cookie recipe. This Toffee Cookie Bar recipe is the best form of this recipe.
More Cookie Recipes
- Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Thick Chocolate Chip Cookies
Toffee Cookie Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup Espresso Chips
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ cups Heath Bits O' Brickle English Toffee Baking Bits
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, and vanilla until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
- Fold in ¾ C espresso chips.
- Fold in ¾ C semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Fold in ¾ C toffee baking bits.
- Press the dough into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining espresso chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and toffee bites on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer.
- Pour over the chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Allow sitting for a few minutes before whisking until smooth.
- Scoop into the piping bag.
- Cut the tip and drizzle over the bars.
- Allow hardening for 30 minutes before enjoying!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Makes 1 9×13 baking pan
- 1 small disposable piping bag