For a long time, I’ve found all sorts of uses for dryer sheets. I love the smell, but I also need to make money go as far as I can.
That’s why I do a lot more with (new and used) dryer sheets than simply toss them in my laundry.
25 Uses for Dryer Sheets
1. Shine up chrome. Dampen a used dryer sheet and shine up the bathroom faucet or toaster.
2. Keep your scissors sharp by wiping the blades with a used sheet between uses.
3. Buh-bye pet hair! Rub a dryer sheet over your sofa, bed, etc and it’ll gather up all that hair from your fur baby.
4. Clean oven racks. Soak them overnight in some Dawn dishwashing liquid with some dryer sheets thrown in. The dirt and grime will wipe off easy the next day.
5. Put them in your drawers and they’ll make your clothes smell fresh and clean for a long time.
6. Ward off gnats and mosquitoes. Put a fresh sheet in your pocket and leave a little sticking out. Those flying little monsters don’t like the smell. Same with Mice!
7. A used dryer sheet is the best dusting cloth ever. Shelves, floors, lamps, you name it.
8. Dirty pots and pans are no match for a dryer sheet. Soak your pan in water, dishwashing soap, and a dryer sheet for about an hour.
That burned on goo that was stuck before will come right off.
9. One of the great uses for dryer sheets is the smelly shoes solution. Cut a fresh sheet in half and put one half in each shoe.
10. Clean paint brushes. Soak the in warm water with a dryer sheet for a couple hours.
11. Banish soap scum on shower doors. One of the uses for dryer sheets most people don’t know is how to use them to clean shower doors. Just wet a fresh sheet and scrub. They’re amazing.
12. Flyaway hair can be tamed by rubbing a used dryer sheet on your hair.
13. Discourage dust from accumulating on your TV by wiping it down with a used sheet.
14. Instantly make your car smell better by placing a fresh dryer sheet under a seat.
15. Got deodorant streaks on your shirt? Rub it off with a dryer sheet!
16. Get rid of toilet bowl rings by scrubbing with used dryer sheets.
17. Pop a dryer sheet inside your folded sheets to make sure they have that “just washed” fresh smell when you make a bed.
18. Keep a dryer sheet in your stored luggage. It won’t smell musty when you need to use it.
19. Hide dryer sheets around your house to make everything smell fresh and clean.
You can put them under sofa cushions, in baskets, anywhere you can find a hiding place.
20. Wipe your blinds down with dryer sheets once a month. It’ll help repel dust accumulation.
21. Dust and clean baseboards by rubbing them with a used dryer sheet.
22. Used dryer sheets packed in empty toilet paper rolls make great fire starters.
23. Clean hairbrushes by soaking them in warm water with a dryer sheet. Fresh and clean!
24. Send one with your kiddo to place in their school locker. It’ll smell so much better!
25. Make your own Swiffer pads. All you need is a few dryer sheets and you’re good to go.
Do you have more uses for dryer sheets?
Please tell me what they are? I want to know and I’m sure readers want to know, too!
You may also like…