These Werewolf Cupcakes are a scary Halloween dessert! These are mini bundt cakes topped with a thick and creamy chocolate frosting.
Mini Werewolf Bundt Cakes
These spooky, but sort of adorable cupcakes are a treat you will want to make for your next Halloween party. These mini bundt cakes are rich and super chocolatey. Any chocolate and Halloween lover will absolutely devour these. This is a dessert I love making with my kiddos!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix: You will combine this cake mix with milk, eggs, and butter to make the cupcakes.
Cocoa Powder: I prefer using Hershey’s dark cocoa powder for the best quality. This will make the frosting super chocolatey and rich.
Decorating Supplies: Use small edible eyes which can be found at Walmart, hobby lobby, or Michael’s. You will also need white Jimmie sprinkles, a Sweet Tooth Fairy brand that can also be found at Michael’s. Sour Patch Strawberry Candy will be used for the tongue, and you will need Ghiradelli dark chocolate and brown M&M’s for other features.
Equipment: Mini Bundt Pan.
How To Make Werewolf Cupcakes
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use pam baking spray to grease a mini bundt pan. Add the cake mix, eggs, milk, and butter into a medium bowl and combine with a hand mixer until smooth. Put a portion of the batter into a piping bag and snip the end off. Begin adding the batter into the cavities of the pan about 3/4 of the way. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes to bake until a toothpick placed in the middle comes out clean. Let the mini bundts cool in the pan before taking them out and baking another set of mini bundts, so you have a total of 12. Transfer them to a cooling rack while you make the frosting.
Step 2. Add the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream into a standing mixer and combine on medium speed until smooth and holds a peak. Put 1/2 cup of the frosting into a piping bag with a 1A tip and place it aside. put the rest of the chocolate frosting into a larger bag with 1M tips.
Assembling The Werewolf Cupcakes
Step 3. Starting with one bundt cake and using the 1M piping bag, hold the cake securely and add dollops of the frosting on the top half of the cupcake. Now, pip a thick oval on the lower middle part of the top to make a nose using the 1A piping bag. Put two edible eyes gently just above the “nose” to make the eyes. Cut the melting wafer in half with a hot knife and arrange the half into to middle of the nose. Cut the melting wafers into triangles with the same hot knife and arrange them on the top left and right side of the eyes to make the ears.
Step 4. Put 1 M&M above the candy eyes for eyebrows. Remove the green part of the sour patch of strawberry candies and gently place and push into the base of the nose to make the werewolf’s tongue. Carefully arrange the white Jimmie sprinkles into the wolf’s mouth to make the teeth right above the tongue. Serve when ready and enjoy!
How To Store Werewolf Cupcakes?
If you can I would store them without the decorations until you are ready to eat. If you have leftovers though, you can place them in a single layer in an airtight container for the best storage method. You can keep these at room temperature or in the fridge to last up to a week.
Tips & Tricks
You can use different flavors and colors of frosting to make different color were wolfs.
If you don’t have candy eyes, you can use M&M’s or frosting.
If you don’t have mini-Bundt pans, out use a muffin or cupcake tin.
To make it easier to add the decorations to the wolf’s face, I like to use cake-decorating tweezers.
More Cupcake Recipes:
- Halloween Cookie Cutter Cupcakes..so easy!
- Chocolate Frankenstein Cupcakes
- Marshmallow Ghost Cupcakes
- Halloween Creepy Cupcake Cones
Chocolate mini bundt cakes Ingredients:
- 1 triple chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 ¼ cup milk whole
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup butter unsalted, softened
- 1 cup butter unsalted, softened
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup Hershey Dark Cocoa powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 packages small edible eyes found at Walmart, hobby lobby, and Michaels
- 1 – 2.5 oz white jimmies sprinkles Sweet Tooth Fairy brand at Michaels
- 1 5 oz bag Sour Patch Kids Strawberry candy cut the green off the pink part to create your tongue
- 1 10 oz bag Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 cup brown m&m’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the mini bundt pan with pam baking spray
- Using a medium bowl and hand mixer, beat the cake mix, eggs, milk and butter until combined and smooth
- Spoon some of the batter into the piping bag and cut the tip off
- Fill the cavities in the bundt pan about 3⁄4 way full
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool before removing them and baking 6 more mini bundt pans
- Once all 12 bundt cakes have been made, place them onto a cookie sheet
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream
- Beat on medium speed until combined, smooth and holds a peak
- Scoop about 1 1⁄2 C of the chocolate frosting into the piping bag with the 1A tip and set aside
- Scoop the remaining frosting into the larger piping bag with 1M tip
Creating the Werewolf directions
- Using the 1M piping bag, carefully pick up 1 chocolate bundt cake
- While holding the cake tightly, pipe dollops of frosting around entire top half of the bundt cake
- Using the 1A piping bag, pipe a thick oval in the lower center of the top to create the ‘nose’
- Carefully place two edible eyes above the ‘nose’ for the eyes
- Using a hot knife, cut the melting wafer in half and place 1 half into the center of the nose
- Using the hot knife again, cut the melting wafers into triangles and place onto the top left and right side of the eyes for the ears
- Place 1 brown m&m above the eyes for the eyebrows
- Cut the green part off the sour patch strawberry that way you are only left with the pink part
- Carefully push the sour patch into the bottom of the nose for his tongue
- I recommend using cake decorating tweezers for this part. Carefully while using the tweezers, pick up a white jimmy sprinkle and place it above the tongue for his teeth