We had some colored ice cream cones here at the house and wanted to make something spooky with them and came up with these Halloween Cupcake Cones! My boys and their friends thought these were AWESOME and we had so much fun creating them!
They wanted to make the classic Universal Monsters so we made The Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, and Dracula.
Creepy Cupcake Cone Ingredients
- Cake mix
- Colored ice cream cones
- Chocolate & white frosting
- Edible eye candies
- Red cookie frosting
- Green jelly beans (for Frankenstein)
- Assorted candies and sprinkles
- Start out by mixing your cake mix.
- Cover a muffin pan with aluminum foil and then poke holes in the foil (this prevents the cones from tipping). Fill the cones with whatever flavor cake mix that you have just a tiny bit over half way.
- Make sure not to fill it more than that or the cake will over flow when baking.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).
Bride of Frankenstein – Make a few extra regular cupcakes and place half of one on top of her head. Pipe frosting around and on top. Pipe on a lightening zig zag strip on her hair with white frosting. Attach edible eyes, chocolate sprinkles (for lashes), and a small heart candy (for lips) with white frosting.
Frankenstein – Spread chocolate frosting on top for his hair and then pipe on the top sides. Attach the edible eyes on with frosting and pipe on the eye brows and mouth. Cut a green jelly bean in half for his electrodes.
The Wolf Man – Pipe on the hair with chocolate frosting making it stick out. Make his mouth with red cookie frosting and then attach broken heart candies for his teeth. Pipe on the eye brows just like his hair.
Dracula – Spread the chocolate frosting on top and then pipe around the top front and sides. Make a red mouth with the red cookie frosting and then attach a small white broken heart for the fangs. Attach 2 red heart candies for the bow tie.
Here are 2 of my boys and their neighborhood buddies with their Creepy Cupcake Cones!